Tuesday, April 3, 2018

New Starts

Good Morning All,


It is another grey, cold day here in Eastern PA.  One wonders if Spring will ever arrive.  We are beginning to think that Winter will just hang around for a bit longer and then suddenly it will be 80 degrees and no Spring at all.  Hoping that will not be the case.


I'm still dragging a bit, feeling tired and run down.  Part of it, I'm sure, is due to the uninspiring weather.  And, I think part of it is due to a new medication I started last week (and have now stopped taking).  But, I did manage to get some new knitting done on Easter before we left to go to Colin & Mailing's for dinner.


Here is my start on the Medallion Lace Sock.  It's an easy pattern (if I don't mess it up - lol) and I think it will be very pretty.




The Barn Cat yarn is so pretty and soft.  I'm enjoying knitting this.  Obviously it's mostly ribbing so far with a bit of the pattern (I believe I managed to get through 6 or 8 rows of the pattern so far...I can't remember exactly).


And here is the start to my Lonely Tree Shawl:




This is about 20 rows.  I love the color "Weathered Green" which is sort of a greyish-green.  The yarn (Green Mountain Spinnery Cotton comfort - 80% wool and 20% cotton) is a bit "rougher" than I am accustomed to using, but I believe it will provide the warmth I want with this shawl and so far it's not bothering my hands to knit with it.


On the reading front, I finished The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin.  I'll give it 4 stars.  Parts of it dragged on and on for me - I think it could have been tightened up a bit, but overall it was good.  I've started reading "Billionaire Blend" by Cleo Coyle (one of the Coffeehouse Mystery Books).  This is not great literature friends, but it is an easy and fast read which is exactly what I was looking for at the moment.  Not sure if I will read any more of these, but time will tell.


Hope everyone's week is going well so far.

12 comments:

  1. It is so cold!!!! Why???? It is good tea drinking and knitting weather so I shouldn't be complaining but I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful starts to your new projects. I couldn't get into the Immortalists; maybe I gave up too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for casting on! I love that sock color, and the shawl pattern is lovely. I had to stick with The Immortalists for a while and not give up, but at the end I thought it was a pretty good book. I agree with the four stars (maybe 3.5).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color on that shawl looks like it will go with a LOT of outfits. You'll have to bring it along next time we get together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mother Nature hasn't looked at the calendar yet, has she? Love your new projects! I just finished Between Shades of Gray and Salt to the Sea about the Baltic genocide, something I'd not heard about before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rarely read any more sad to say. But these days I need something easy to follow and prevents me from having to keep going back to see who is who!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are very brave to tackle a lace shawl - it looks lovely! and I'm 100% with you on the Coffeehouse books. I'm now on #5 (I'm listening in order) .... and I tell myself as I start each one that it will be my last, but I just put #6 on hold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't Barn Cat the best? It gets even softer when you wash it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes new knitting projects and cozy-mysteries are just the ticket for helping you feel better! This time of year is so hard -- when you're so ready for spring, but the weather just isn't cooperating . . .
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your new lace project :) I felt crummy yesterday and then realized I was wishing for some sunshine. So far my wish is not coming true today but it's early yet, there is hope...

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great knit on the socks and shawl, and combined with simple reading is just what you need! Spring will come-I will try blowing our warm and sunshine and hummingbirds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOcks and shawl are looking really good. Glad you got out with family!!

    ReplyDelete