Thursday, April 12, 2018

Warming Up On Thursday

Good Morning!


It is warming up!!  The temps were in the low 40's this morning instead of hovering around 32...and the sun is out and it should be up to 60 or more today.  Tomorrow and Saturday?  Even warmer - forecasting 80!  Of course, pollen is beginning to settle on everything and "they" are saying this is supposed to be an unusually bad/awful pollen season this Spring.  I don't even care at this point.  I'm just hungering for Spring.


I got a later start than usual this morning due to a doctor's appointment at 8:30.  After having several basil cell carcinomas removed (including one where I ended up losing half my nose!!), I see a dermatologist twice a year for a full body look-over.  Today was a great visit - no suspect spots were discovered.  And she is thorough!!  Looking between my toes, going through my hair (like a monkey almost - lol).  So, happy to not have to go back for another six months (but I also check myself very regularly and if I see anything, I'm on the phone and back in the office pronto).


And this guy was back at the vet's yesterday:





Poor Talbot had to have two more teeth pulled (soon he might need dentures!!).  he came through the surgery just fine and did not have to spend the night this time.


I'm still reading "Flat Broke With Two Goats" (about 80% through it).  I'm enjoying the story mostly (except for the snake parts), but find myself saying constantly "Really?"  "How can you make such a stupid decision?"  Some folks just never learn.


On the knitting front, not much is going on.  I did another 10 rows on the Cascade Heritage sock last night while Fletch read (BTW, we are thoroughly enjoying reading together Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea).  The Lonely Tree Shawl has come to a stand-still.  Once again at the 20 or 22nd row I found a mistake.  I'm at the point where I feel the yarn is telling me it definitely does NOT want to be a Lonely Tree Shawl!  I do have a lifeline in, but hesitate to try again.  The yarn is becoming a bit splitty from the unraveling that has taken place.  It might be time for it to go into time out and wait for another pattern.


It's just about 10:30 a.m. which means only 48 hours till I meet Dee at the Allentown Fiber Festival - I'm only a little excited - lol.

13 comments:

  1. What a great feeling when something you've been dreading (like a dr.'s appt.) turns out so well! And you can celebrate with amazingly warm weather for the Fiber Festival! I hope you and Dee have a wonderful time (I know you will) and I hope you'll do a post all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to get up and not have everything frozen this morning. I can't wait to get out this afternoon when it gets to 70!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy those warm temps! It's gray and chilly here and supposed to rain. So sorry about that Lonely Tree; do you suppose that there's an error in the pattern at that point? Have fun at the Fiber Festival, and give Dee a hug from me. Oh, and thanks for posting on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the weather will be PERFECT for the Festival!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your dermatology appt went well. I have my annual checkup in May. I've had a few cut and frozen over the years. I burn easily so I avoid sun exposure as much as possible by wearing long sleeves and long pants.

    Have fun at the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for good check-ups!!! :-) I hate fussy knitting that just won't quite behave! Sorry to hear about your shawl -- but maybe you're right. Maybe that yarn doesn't WANT to be a shawl. . .
    Have a great time at the fiber fest.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. poor kitty :( however, yay for you for having good skin! my dad has to do that too, he spent years in the sun with fair skin and sunscreen was not invented early enough for him....

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you got good news from the doctor (and yay you for taking care of yourself!) Holly had her first tooth pulled this past December after her annual cleaning and the vet told me it wouldn't be a problem if she lost more - that the only reason she needs teeth is to keep her tongue in her mouth (yep, truth!) Glad the sock is progressing and enjoy finding something else to knit that shawl with at the fiber fest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talbot is handsome no matter what. Which is what I tell my orange cat Piper, who lost his two "fangs". It was odd, watching them becoming more and more prominent until they simply appeared on the carpet one day. (Not at the same time; they fell out about a year apart.) No underlying pathology, either. Still a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Talbot! Pie is not far behind you with her teeth issues.
    I can't wait to hear about you and DEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous that you are meeting up with D!
    Glad you are taking care to have your skin checked. I've been dealing with a large Squamous Cell spot. Surgery didn't do the trick, and I just finished chemo, but need to see the doc to find out if it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such good news from your dermatologist. You are doing an awesome job taking care of you! Carry on! Sorry the kitty's having tooth problems...
    Looking forward to reading about the meetup with Dee!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray on the good report!
    II'm late to the blog roll so I will catch up and see how you did at the festival!

    ReplyDelete