Tuesday, May 9, 2017

All Dry!

Hello!


36 degrees on my patio this a.m.  So...I checked and my wrap was all dry (it wasn't last night).  Guess what is wrapped around me today?




A lovely work shot!


And, my hair is now long enough to pull back!  YAY!  I won't have a sweaty neck this summer (that is if it ever warms up).


On another note...please say prayers or keep fingers crossed or think good thoughts for our son, Colin.  A number of years ago, while in college, he was diagnosed with Lyme Disease.  At first none of the doctors in Pittsburgh would believe it, but the blood work proved them wrong.  He was having joint pain and tremendous swelling in his left knee.  Once diagnosed, he was on antibiotics and then seemed ok.  Once in awhile he has a hand tremor, but nothing major.  Last week he told us he thinks he is having a relapse or a new bout of Lyme Disease.  Lots of joint pain and also in his neck.  He saw a doctor this morning and has to have a bunch of blood work  done.  This is so scary and worrisome.
OK, still busy catching up at work so I need to get rolling.  Hope everyone is having a great week.

13 comments:

  1. Hooray for a wonderful Match & Move! Who would have guessed you would need it on May 9th?! Sending lots of good healthy thoughts for an easy, non-scary diagnosis and treatment for Colin and no worries for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying a prayer for your son. I hope that they can get him back into remission.

    You look beautiful in your new wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping the best for your son.

    How I miss working! Been a long time. I would love to tie my hair back but I look like a real goof. Wish the sun would warm a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your wrap looks just beautiful!

    I'll keep Colin in my prayers. A dear friend of mine has Lyme Disease, and occasionally relapses. It's so frustrating because it's so painful and unpredictable. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wrap is beautiful! If it's cool like it is here - you'll need it!

    Sending good healing thoughts to your son. Lyme Disease is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard that Lyme Disease can relapse. Praying the doctors can find a treatment so Colin can get back to his regular activities.

    Love the shawl - it looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor guy. I know so many people who have suffered from this terrible illness including dear DIL. Sending positive thoughts his way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will pray for Colin. You look lovely in your shawl and I love that your hair is long enough for a pony! Keep us up to date about your son's progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will keep you son in my thoughts. Lyme disease is so scary because of it's unpredictability. Let us know how he is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pulled back hair in summer is the BEST
    prayers for Colin. Lyme disease is awful. Hoping they give him a burst of meds andhe' s back to baseline. Ticks...hate them

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shawl is a success! Prayers for your son; Lyme disease is known to lurk and resurface, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful finish! and I LOVE the "work shot". Saying prayers for Colin - please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your shawl!! It looks great. I hope Colin is getting some answers and that things are looking up for him! Happy Mother's Day Vera!

    ReplyDelete