Monday, June 24, 2019

Monday and Back to Work

Hello Everyone,

How was your weekend?  Mine was good.  I did manage to accomplish some of the things I wanted to do...definitely not all, but I'm ok with that.  It was busy with lots of running around, but what a gorgeous weekend weather-wise.  Now I feel the heat and humidity creeping back in.

Today is shaping up to be a very busy one at work, but I wanted to show a few things from the weekend. 

Our first cherry tomatoes ripened!!


So good.  We shared these last night (along with grilled steaks and corn on the cob).  I also managed to make some pickled jalapenos.  I found a recipe that was faster than what I normally do...now to see if they are as good...


Our coneflowers came back and have grown incredibly fast.  On Saturday one bloom was just beginning to show some color:


So pretty.  We have a sunflower right next to this plant that is about to open as well.

A little knitting was done - not much, but that's ok.  We watched this movie on Saturday, but it wasn't very good (personal opinion).  However, the new season of Endeavour continues to please.

Gotta run - hope you all had great weekends and I'll try to get to your blogs a bit later to find out what's been going on.

13 comments:

  1. Cherry tomatoes and peppers! Yum. I miss the garden I used to share with Daddio. Fresh salsa is out of this world good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed watching Endeavour this weekend - love that series. I spent the weekend visiting and knitting with a friend - great to see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photographs! These photos just yell 'summer' don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am envious of your tomatoes!! Stay cool this week - it seems summer heat is roaring in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never seem to get everything on my "weekend list" accomplished . . . but that's due to my own unrealistic expectations! ;-) So glad you had a great weekend -- filled with good food and good times -- and Endeavour! (We love that show, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weekend was busy here.. but we got done things that needed to be done, which always feel good.
    I've been picking strawberries, but my tomato is only now starting to flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a few flowers only on over a dozen plants, hardly any leaves, pepper plants are yellow. Sad garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those tomatoes look amazing! I'm sitting in the trailer with the furnace on. It's 49! here! So much for summer. I don't like really hot, but this is a bit ridiculous.
    Needless to say, gardens aren't doing well here yet this summer.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like the garden is getting cranked up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let your summer begin! Beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the pickled peppers live up to your expectations. Happy summer. It is nice to see the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bravo on your harvest and pickling.. I'm off to pick up our girls soon. It was such a bummer to have their flight cancelled last night. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. we haven't seen episode two yet....gotta get on it.!

    ReplyDelete