Friday, February 21, 2020

Friday Finally!

Good Morning and TGIF!

We are finally back to winter temps (18 on my drive in to work), but I think it is supposed to be back up in the 50's over the weekend.

Yesterday afternoon when I got home there were about 8 deer in our neighbor's yard.  Some migrated over to our yard and I snapped a picture through the kitchen window.


They got spooked and ran off when our neighbor pulled in his driveway.

The Barn Owl sock received some attention at lunch the other day and I am now up to the toe decreases.


The plan is to finish this at lunch today - including weaving in the ends and maybe/hopefully casting on for sock #2.  Fletch tried this one on last night and said:  "this feels really nice!" - YAY!!  And, the fit was good...I knit a few more rows and then started the toe decreases.

Tomorrow I have an appointment in the morning for taxes but then I am meeting up with Dee for coffee, knitting, chattering and perhaps a bit of lunch somewhere.  That should take care of any sting from the tax appointment!

Today should be relatively easy at work.  I have a conference call at 10, and that's all I've got on my calendar. 

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Those deer! And your sock is looking lovely! (I am working down the foot on mine as well! Yay!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those barn owl socks more and more every time I see them; Fletch is a lucky guy! Have fun this weekend. Ugh to taxes, but hooray for plans with Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought one of your visitors was wearing a fur trimmed pink jacket! Eyes aren't real good in the morning! I do love that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Happy Friday! Love the shot of the deer. The sock is coming along nicely. You just reminded me to remind hubby about doing our taxes. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just had a huge herd come through our yard. It must have been at least 25-30 all running like maniacs. We have never seen that. It really freaked us out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to tomorrow. Hope all goes well at the tax man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been a strange winter. Glad your temperatures have turned more seasonal. Enjoy your outing with Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The deer in our neighborhood (which borders on a nature preserve and a chain of little lakes) (so there are a LOT of deer) don't spook at ANYTHING anymore. Not cars. Not dogs. Not gardeners running around waving their arms. Nothing freaks them . . .

    I love the color of your barn owl socks -- it's just perfectly named. Have fun with Dee and please tell her hello. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just did my taxes yesterday, phew! I have sunshine as well and it's glorious. Our deer are boldly staring down Frodo who is on the other side of the fence staring at them. Our deer are quite tame and stay in place even when we pull into the driveway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful deer and beautiful sock. Fletch is a lucky man. I love that colorway and Barn Owl is the perfect name for it.
    We had our taxes done last week and they were submitted. Whew! Done for another year. Have fun with Dee and imagine me waving at the two of you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vera, You and Dee! More photos of your meet ups please! She is going to love your sock progress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sock is looking great! I've turned the heel on the second one of my pair, so I'm hoping to finish them by the end of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought the deer photo included one wearing a pink blanket ;-) have fun with Dee tomorrow - coffee, knitting, and chattering is my favorite way to spend a Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a good week for you. Good job on the sock and I'm glad Fletch is happy with it! Have fun with Dee. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat thing to see the deer! Beautiful creatures.
    The sock is really progressing--glad it is a welcome fit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great progress on this pair of socks and hooray for a comfortable fit. How fun to see some deer in the neighborhood. Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual and inflection interested moral values.   It was founded under principles of love, justice, unity, peace, and relief. The illuminati bring together individuals of goodwill, irrespective of their differences and backgrounds, and ensure that these good men become better in the society. Do you wish to be a member of the illuminati and become rich, famous, powerful and excel in life? Were you will be giving $20,00,000 as first benefit. Kindly contact me now or add me up whatsapp +2347057052206 Email williamsilluminati230@gmail.com     

    ReplyDelete