Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Unraveled Wednesday - July 31, 2019

Happy end of July!  I know many of you are not happy with that, but for me it means we are inching steadily closer to my favorite season - FALL!  There are still the dog days of August, but Fletch and I have started planning our Fall camping trip (New England!!) and I'm excited about that.

Meanwhile, this last day of July is starting off pretty muggy in Eastern PA.  I've received texts and emails regarding flood warnings from 2 p.m. - 8 p.m. today.  Maybe the rain will help break the humidity a bit?

On the knitting side of things, there has not been any unraveling...and there hasn't been a whole lot of knitting either, but I do have a new start:


Not much to look at right now, but these will be YinYang Kitty Ankle Socks - a free pattern on Ravelry.  I'm already on the heel flap for the first sock!  This is Intarsia knitting which I have never done before, so wish me luck.  The other night when I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep, guess what I was thinking about?  Yup - Intarsia knitting.  It may be a little tricky on DPNs. but I'm sure I can do it.  This is also a toe-up pattern which I am knitting cuff down.  At some point I want to try/learn toe-up socks, but thought this pattern would not be the smartest one to start with - lol.

My reading slump seems to have (thankfully) disappeared.  I'm about 1/3+ of the way through The Dakota Winters and am enjoying it.  Fletch and I should finish The Mysterious Island (Jules Verne) tonight.  We have really enjoyed this (especially having read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea last year).

Joining Kat on this Unraveled Wednesday.  Head on over to her blog to see what she and others are up to making-wise and reading-wise.

16 comments:

  1. Okay, I am in awe... intarsia in the round! I bow to your much superior knitting skills!

    (and the rain was horrid here over night - lots of flash flooding - stay safe, my friend!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled to be done with July! Like you, bring me FALL. Love your new project and can't wait to see some added rows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your knitting confidence. I've got to start thinking more like that.

    New England in the fall should be lovely. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knitting will help you through the dog days of summer! The socks are gorgeous fun and I'm going to knit a pair for my grand daughter !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those little socks! I've had them in my "queue of the mind" for a long time, so I'm eager to hear what you think of the knitting. (Both my daughter and my daughter-in-law would LOVE them, so I'd love to make them for gifts!) I loved The Dakota Winters -- a fun mix of fiction and real-life. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that Dakota Winters book on my library shelf. Might need to move it up. Happy end of July.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An autumn camping trip sounds wonderful, especially in New England.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're sitting in our trailer right now having just finished biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Dennis is quite enjoying his vacation although we have to go home tonight because tomorrow is chock full of errands and a potluck for our Bible study at our house. Then it will be back to the lake on Friday!
    I'm not in a hurry for fall because it means winter and it's snow is right around the corner. The winters seem longer every year.
    I'm in awe of your knitting intarsia on dpn's. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those kitty socks are just too adorable!!! I had to go look at the pattern and wish I hadn't. I don't need another project but Daughter would just love those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those socks but I hate intarsia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been meaning to make those socks forever... maybe after my current pair are off the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm personally thrilled to be done with July as it brings me one month closer to cooler temperatures and fall! I love those cute kitty socks and can't wait to see how they work out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im beginning to dread the August word as I must embrace Zach returning to Mexico. Im going to have a date on the books for a meet up in Texas by Halloween. This is my move to CONTROL my life a bit and be able to see him soon. The hummingbirds are flitting around me on the deck. Ive begun to sit out on the deck in the late afternoon shade. It is so lovely. A new joy as we head to our 3 years anniversary at this house

    ReplyDelete
  14. Intarsia socks - whew. I admire you for knitting them. An autumn camping trip will be something to look forward to. Autumn is my favorite season too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those kitty socks look amazing! I wish my wakeful time was thinking about knitting.. I keep thinking about losing my sister and all the things I need to do for the funeral. ((hugs)), Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the Dakota Winters! I think I'm into any novels that are set in the city right now. lol! I enjoy hearing and imagining what the city was like in the past. As for the socks -- so cute! I need to try intarsia. I keep saying that and then not doing it. I've done both toe up and cuff down socks, and I prefer cuff down myself. Not sure why -- maybe cause I can never find a bind off I like.

    ReplyDelete