Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Teeny Needle Tuesday

Hello!

Today is pretty chilly (doors partially frozen on the car this morning, frost on the windows....) BUT...Saturday's forecast is to be in the 70's.  I'm ready.  Meanwhile, I am wearing my Hitchhiker today!!


It feels good on my neck.  Still not as soft as I had hoped for, but the added warmth is good this morning.

A little bit of progress has happened on Fox Forest:




A few trees, and the brown stuff at the top is the beginning of a Fox!!  I would have done a bit more last night, but discovered the little paw was one row off...and I had to rip that out.  Slowly but surely this will get finished.

I've got a bunch of calls to make today (personal stuff).  Yesterday I did cancel the premium package we had for our cable (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime).  I don't watch anything on those channels and Fletch mainly watches Bill Maher on Friday nights on HBO.  We were paying $40 per month for those channels!  Instead we'll go with HBO Now for $15/month.  One of my things to deal with today is our wireless bill....wish me luck.

The sun is out here and I hope it's shining wherever you are.  Have a great Tuesday!

17 comments:

  1. Sunshine here, too. The shawl looks great on! You've got some cute stitching happening, also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny and chilly here as well. I'm loving the colours on your shawl! They are so pretty.

    I loathe making calls about services, etc., but once they're done, it's a great feeling of accomplishment (esp. if you've saved some money)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty so far. The little teal flower is such a pretty color.

    Your needle minder is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the days when I could go to a local office and deal with service issues. Good luck with your phone calls. Love your Hitchhiker and your needle minder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oof I hate dealing with those electronics people. May your Hitchhiker give you superpowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave and I cut cable years ago and haven't looked back. We watch Netflix, youtube, and now Amazon Prime (I got the subscription in December). We don't miss it at all

    It's cold here too - but supposed to be warm by the weekend! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all your haggling goes well. Weekend warmth does sound good. Will light a fire tonight and finish off the chopped wood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot remember the last time we watched a cable show. We usually watch Netflix and YouTube. Unfortunately we are in a contract with the cable company until next April. Your Crosstitch is coming along beautifully. I love the colors on the flowers. And your hitchhiker looks very warm around your neck. We have a mix of sun and clouds today. I’m missing the 60s that we had at the end of last week, but I’m not complaining. At least it’s not snowing!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. BRAVO on the HH finish! I love the colors and it looks wonderful and warm on you. I'm enjoying working on my shawl.. the color changes take forEVER tho. LOL! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Mister and I never miss Bill Maher. He's the only one out there that has any sense.
    I can't wait to see Mr. Fox. My dear little fox has been barking under my window at night's if I forget to leave him out a bowl of dog chow. I just got back from buying him a 20 pound bag. He/she's got me trained.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love you modeling a beautiful hitchhiker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you on making those calls! :-) And your finished Hitchhiker looks great. What a great color for a cool spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fantastic! I love the color, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the colors in your Hitchhiker! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love your Hitchhiker! It's got beautiful spring colors and I hope you enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hitchhiker is so pretty! NICE JOB

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Hitchhiker :-) (and wow, Dee is now on #2!) ... I dealt with TV/internet and wireless earlier this month. We thought we'd drop TV and switch internet/wireless providers and save lots of $$ ... after many hours on the phone with AT&T, we stayed with them and kept our TV (we get Showtime so I can watch Homeland with Sara) - but we're paying less. Hope your call(s) were as productive!

    ReplyDelete