Thursday, March 21, 2019

Randomness on a Thursday

Good Morning!

I don't think I've done a "Three on Thursday" post previously, but today (having no pictures of knitting to show you), I have 3 random things to share.


Hallelujah!  My Kindle problems seem to be resolved.  Yesterday I pulled up the “manage your device” site and re-sent my latest books from Overdrive to my Kindle.  When I got home and turned my Kindle on they downloaded immediately.  I have no clue why that happened in the first place, but I’m happy to have the problem fixed.  Last night I started Tell the Wolves I'm Home and am really enjoying it.
  
March Madness has started over at MDK.  Are you voting?  I plan to and hope to not be tempted by too many patterns.  (Though truth be told, at first glance, I like the patterns but nothing really jumps out at me as it has in prior years.  Anyone else feel the same way?)

 It is a rainy day – we could get up to 2” and the rain is to continue into tomorrow.  In the spirit of looking on the positive side, I’m trying to remember and be thankful for 1) no snow!!  And 2), the rain will be great for all the flowers that will shortly be blooming.


Yesterday I did manage to knit another 8 rows on my Hitchhiker (so, another tooth) and am hoping to do the same today.  I also put another four rows on the Shell Cottage sock this morning over coffee and it is looking so much better than it had.  

It's Thursday and I seem to already be in weekend mode - lol.  

13 comments:

  1. So glad your Kindle issue is resolved! I recently read Tell the Wolves I'm Home, and really enjoyed it. :-) I'm feeling the same way about this year's MDK bracket. I think they do a great job coming up with a variety of designs and designers to highlight during the "bracket" time, and it's exciting to see what they feature. I'm planning to vote, though! Always fun. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your Kindle problem seems to have been resolved. I have the app (as well as the Nook app) on my tablet and have found that periodically I have to shut it completely off for awhile to get books to download. Hope you don't get too much rain at once. We did here in Nebraska and the flooding from it and the melted snow is catastrophic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three good random things....nice to have the socks working out now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to enjoy this rainy day-no wood to haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, those Hitchhiker rows are getting longer and longer, and
    L-O-N-G-E-R. I remember thinking at the beginning --- wow! This goes quick. Not so much now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three good random things. Glad your Kindle is working now. That must hav been so frustrating. Technology and I are not a good match. Your Hitchhiker will be done before you know it.
    Blessings,Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rain here too. I'm almost through the gusset on the second business casual sock, but now SSS has hit... sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow, and it's hard to imagine last week we were digging out from a blizzard. I finished my wild Zauberball socks yesterday at knitting group - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're supposed to get some rain too.. isn't it funny how we all share weather even from across the country and the globe? I look forward to see how your hitch-hiker has grown. Have a super weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do feel the same as you about this year's MDK brackets ... which is honestly not a bad problem. The new designs, however, that I've seen popping up for Edinburgh Yarn Fest ... my queue is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying hard to ignore March Madness. My seasonal job has started back up which means I barely have time to bathe much less knit extra projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you love Overdrive? I listen to so many audiobooks on it and they are all free. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm also glad that your Kindle issue is resolved and can't wait to see your Hitchhiker!

    ReplyDelete