Thursday, February 21, 2019

A Day Off

Good Morning!

The snow came and my office was closed.  Actually, an e-mail went out Tuesday afternoon stating that the office would be closed Wednesday due to the impending storm.  YAY!  I went to bed Tuesday night without setting an alarm and slept for 10 hours!!  When I got up I wondered what was going on - no precipitation of any kind.  But, it started snowing around 9:30 and by 3 p.m. or so it had changed to sleet and freezing rain.  I was happy to be home😉

A bit of knitting was done:


The second Sunday Swing is now on the foot.  One pattern repeat finished; 3 more to go and then the toe decreases.  I had thought I would work on some other items as well - stitching, Fletcher's cowl, Hitchhiker...but instead I took care of some chores (cleaning, laundry and pulling the tax stuff all together).  I also managed to take a 2 hour nap!!  I think I made up for those nights of insomnia I had recently.

I also enjoyed not being on the computer...and will attempt to catch up on some blog reading today.  I have a few financial reports to run and send out, but other than that, my day is pretty open (and Hitchhiker came to work with me for lunchtime knitting).

The sun is out, the snow and ice are melting and Fletch is grilling tonight!  I think it's going to be a great day and I hope yours is as well.

18 comments:

  1. I think a grilled meal sounds terrific. Our snow melted away, too, so I am stealing your idea and installing Rick at the grill for steaks tonight. The weather is so goofy, who knows when the next chance will be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Advance-notice on a snow day is always the BEST situation! Sleeping in is such a treat. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be done those socks in NO time!! They are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ten hours + a nap!! Catching up, indeed. I have a night owl that creeps up on me once in a while, so I have sleeps like that, too, on occasion! Glad you didn't have to travel in the snow/ice mess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A snow day to sleep in, get some things done, plus a nap sounds perfect! Add sunshine and Fletch grilling for dinner tonight and it is a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got a bit of freezing rain over night, but that was it. Its warming up again now. Relic is tracking mud all over my house ...again!
    Your sock is looking great! I really like that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear you were able to sleep and wake w/o an alarm. Your body obviously needed rest. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! A snow day! I’m glad you were able to get some things done and your sock is coming right along. We’re supposed to get a dumping of snow again tomorrow. This is the winter thats never ending, however the sun is shining today so I’m going to enjoy it while I can. We got our taxes back from the accountant this week. Quite a disappointment but I’m hearing that from everyone.
    Many blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are zoooooming through those socks! I expect the next photo will be a modeled shot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy for you that you got a surprise day off.. sounds like you made the most of it. You will love retirement! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. now that kind of snow day is maybe the only thing I miss about living in snow country - best wishes for tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather was so weird today. We had snow on the ground but it was sunny and warm. Crazy. My poor bulbs don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't have to babysit on Wednesday and was thrilled to stay home! Most of the snow melted yesterday on the driveway so he didn't have to snowblow or shovel! Everything should melt this weekend before the next storm!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Getting a snow day is a great thing! Love seeing your progress both with the tiny needle and with the bigger knitting needles. :D

    ReplyDelete

  15. what a great catch-up on sleep for you! And on your sock! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so envy people who can enjoy snow days without having to make up every single minute at work! Our school days will be 7-minutes longer starting on Monday, which I am not happy about. As it is, teacher are only paid for 10 minutes before 1st hour and 19 minutes after classes end.

    I'm hoping for no more snow days this year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounded like a fun mid-week snow day! We spent ours inside just chilling out too. School was cancelled so it was great to spend the day with the kid & watching movies. Love how your socks are looking!

    ReplyDelete