Friday, October 26, 2018

TGIF 10-26-18

Hello All,

Another chilly start to the day - 35 degrees at my house.  And the promise of a rainy start to the weekend...again...but the sunrise was gorgeous this a.m.!  I snapped this shot through the car window when I stopped at the bank on my way to work (way too many wires in the shot, but at least you can see the brilliant colors):


My 8:30 conference call just finished and my 10:00 call has been cancelled.  On the down -side of this last Friday in October.  Can't believe next week is Halloween!

I did manage to wind the yarn for Colin's hat the other night and actually started it!  Still on the ribbing portion for the brim, but progress is being made.  I also wound 3 other skeins of yarn, so I am set to make a few things!

On the reading front I (finally) finished "Women in Sunlight" by Frances Mayes which was just ok.  Last night I started Warlight which came through on Overdrive.  So far, it is excellent!  I'm a bit surprised as (unlike everyone else) I did not care for The English Patient.  It's nice to finally be reading a book I am thoroughly enjoying!

Weekend plans include meeting Dee at a farmers' market (I hope it is not pouring rain) and then go for coffee.  I also need to pick out frames and get new glasses ordered.  Of course the usual chores are in need of being done as well (they never go away).

Wishing you all a lovely weekend - enjoy!!

14 comments:

  1. Happy weekend. Your plans sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm next in line for Warlight, so I hope it's wonderful! I hate to burst your bubble about no pouring rain, so I won't. They are calling for rain though ... but for now I'll focus on the gorgeous sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where on earth has October gone. I usually revel in it but this one had flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check out that book. Also--I find that once the brim is done, the hat is *almost* done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunrise - a great way to welcome the day, wires and all.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS a gorgeous sunrise! A beautiful start to your day. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to start the hat-it will be waiting for you to get through the chores and sit with it for a bit! Have a good weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im hoping to see friends tonight at a surprise party and friends tomorrow night at a nearby sports bar. Both easy casual events. Just enough socializing for me. Knitting Mittens is on my agenda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ridiculously cold! No warmer days on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all over Warlight! Thank you for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess that "red sun at morning" really means it. Looks like we are in for a bout of nasty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you're getting our yesterday weather! enjoy your meet-up with Dee!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty colors in that sky. I hope you'll show a photo of your hat start. I read Women in Sunlight and liked it pretty well. I'll have to check out that new book you are liking so well. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was raining all day Saturday up in London Ontario! (I wore a hat). It was chilly and wonderful. I'm so done with summery weather and the humidity!

    ReplyDelete