Monday, August 13, 2018

A New Week

Hello All,


Once again Monday has rolled in.  And with it another storm.  Rain, rain, rain and flash flood warnings (again).  The weekend wasn't too bad though.


Saturday morning I got Tyg to the vet without any difficulty.  He wasn't happy and vocalized his complaints the entire way, along with heavy panting.  As I've mentioned, he has swollen lips that are very pink.  This happens every summer - as soon as the heat and humidity start, his lips swell.  He also scratches constantly.  He has allergies.  He is now on steroids which have helped - even after just one treatment.  He also had a puncture wound on his right shoulder (could have been from anything - another cat, a sharp branch, etc.) but that was almost completely healed.  He had his rabies shot, but the vet would not give him his feline leukemia or distemper shots until he is off the steroids (oh joy!  another trip to the vet).  Anyway, we both survived and we were both happy to get home.


Thanks to Kym I went shopping Saturday afternoon!  She suggested I look for some sun-proof clothing for my upcoming boat "event" on Hilton Head Island.  I don't know why that didn't occur to me (Fletch has some for boating and my brother and his wife have a ton of sun-proof clothing for all their hiking).  I ended up hitting the jackpot!  I got 3 shirts, a pair of shorts and a pair of capris (all 40-50 SPF) plus 2 pairs of flip flops (I had been in desperate need of replacing mine).  The best part was that almost everything was 50% off...some even more!  And, all of these items will be perfect for our camping trips.  A number of the items are not only "sun shield" clothing, but also moisture-wicking - perfect for hiking!  Thanks Kym for jolting my brain - lol.


The balance of the weekend was the usual.  A little bit of knitting, a little bit of reading, some cooking, some cleaning and some laundry.  I did manage to make some refrigerator pickles and added some of our Carnival Peppers to the jars.




I'm happy to report that after having gone missing for several days, Froggy was around on Sunday.




When I took this picture, Tyg was (sort-of) napping only a couple of feet away!


Wishing you all the best of weeks.  Next time I hope to post some knitting!

14 comments:

  1. You were super-productive over the weekend! I used to make refrigerator pickles all the time and add a cayenne pepper to each jar. The longer they sat, the spicier the pickles would become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last week was busy, busy but not without its rewards: the pie looked sooo good! Glad your Tygg is better and kudos for scoring clothes for the trip as well as future camping use!
    No rain this AM but this afternoon, here...and 90s...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see Mr. Froggy. It's perfect weather for him today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm glad all turned out well. Isn't it nice to get something that you wanted to find anyway on sale? That always makes me feel extra happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You accomplished a lot over the weekend and found some great bargains on the clothing and sandals. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Tug did ok at the vet.
    Love Mr. Frog! We don't see them much around here (too urban, not enough backyard ponds!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness you got a lot done over the weekend. I’m glad Tygg is doing better and also very happy you found the sun proof clothing for your trip. My dermatologist keeps suggesting I get some of those too. Maybe this would be a good time to look. End of summer sales and all! I used to make refrigerator pickles all the time when our kids were at home. I don’t know why I don’t do that anymore, I know Dennis would love them. I hope you have a wonderful week.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pickles look divine! Now I want some. I hope the pickle guy is at the Farmer's Market on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so miss the stores we lost. Sounds like you hit the jackpot. Never heard of Carnival peppers, will look them up. Our plants are not healthy again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Protective clothing is a great idea. I got a sunburn a month ago that is still bothering me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun shopping trip for you. There is nothing nicer than to have a few new items of clothing. I found some new t-tops for this summer that I've really enjoyed. I hope you have a good time on your boat trip.. sounds right up my alley! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Vera -- I'm so happy your found some nice, sun-protective items. Now I hope they make the bar-shuttle-voyage a little more pleasant! :-)
    I just took one of my dogs to the vet yesterday -- but I have the OPPOSITE experience that you do with Tyg. My silly dogs LOVE to go to the vet! They get so excited to see all their "friends" -- and they love to make "new friends" with all the other pets and owners in the waiting room. Dogs are so goofy. . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have two sun shirts that have protected me for YEARS> Of course you have to wear it, to get protected!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your week unfolds nicely! Mine started rough but I am hoping for improvements! lol

    ReplyDelete