Friday, December 9, 2016

Still Chilly Outside

Well my friends, it is still chilly.  25 on my patio this morning and very windy.  It was hard to get dressed and drive into work.  But, I have some boots that I love and they are fleece lined!
I noticed that the pond at the back side of my office building was partially frozen this morning (it was only last week that they turned off the fountain!).  I should have worn warmer pants than jeans though.  Man they are cold against your skin!  Christmas knitting needs to be finished so that I can focus on knitting a pair of fingerless mitts to keep in my office.  My "space" at work is very cold - probably because I have a window next to my desk.  I think it is just really hard to regulate temperatures in office buildings.  We have spots in our office that are like saunas.
The good news is that a tree was secured from a farmer's market yesterday.  It was on the patio when I got home last night.  YAY!!  Hopefully Fletch will bring it in today so it can "settle" a bit...lights on tomorrow and decorating it Sunday.  That's my plan anyway.
Tonight I think we are going to order Chinese for dinner and then I can knit (after I pay bills - yuck).  I plan/hope/better wrap gifts to ship on Saturday.  I've been afraid to take Emmy's skirt off the blocking mat in case it curls up, but I'm going to have to do that.
I'm feeling hopeful that I'm ahead of the game (or at least on time) with getting holiday stuff done.  Of course I have yet to figure out when I am going to bake.  This year I will pare that down quite a bit.  I always make a ton of cookies and end up throwing a lot away come January.  I think, instead, I will try to spread the cookie love out throughout the year.

8 comments:

  1. Brrrr.....all of a sudden it got cold everywhere it seems. I had to get out the heated kitty bowl for the outside kitties or their food would freeze solid.
    I hear you on baking this year. I don't really have anyone to give cookies to anymore. I think I'll wait until the 23rd and then make a small-very small batch of my favorites. I can't do too much damage to my already lost waistline in just a few days. No more eating the month of December away, I am sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was still working, I kept a small heater near my desk just to take the chill off.

    You plan for decorating your tree sounds perfect. Allowing the tree to adapt to its surroundings is important.

    I've got my fingers crossed that the skirt will behave once it's removed from the blocking mat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate these cold temps! You're right about jeans -- I hadn't thought of that. Been catching up on blogs -- enjoyed reading your last few posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you'll have fun decorating your tree this weekend! What kinds of cookies will you make. I want to make some too.

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never throw away a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started freezing all the leftover cookies and then grabbed a few here and there all year long, with coffee or for dessert. Then I just stopped making so many after awhile. It's sad, but....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to start baking. We never have leftover cookies. That might be my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cold days!! The colder the better :) I guess I'm the odd one out!!

    ReplyDelete