Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Unraveled Wednesday 8-8-18

Good Morning!


We had a short thunderstorm roll through the area last night which immediately dropped the temp by 10 degrees and cut out a lot of the humidity.  A gift!  Sitting on my patio early this morning with a cup of coffee was very pleasant.  It's supposed to be stinkin' hot again by Noon, but for now I will enjoy.


I've managed to do a few rows of knitting on my Juniper top:




I've relaxed into the rhythm and am not concerned about how slowly I'm going.  Some nights I've got too many other things to do or I'm just too tired to knit.  And, that's ok.  My poor dragonfly socks feel neglected (and they are), but that's ok too.  They may end up in my bag going to Hilton Head at the end of the month.


Earlier this week (Monday?  Tuesday?) I started reading The Radium Girls which is a rather chilling story of "dial painting" starting before WWI.  I'm enjoying the book, but will most likely need something light when finished.


Work continues to be busy, but progress is being made on the transition.


Hope everyone's week is going well!

12 comments:

  1. While it would be lovely to finish projects far more quickly than I do, knitting is really about the process (or at least that's what I tell myself). As long as we're enjoying the knitting (or reading or whatever) then we don't have to worry too much about neglecting projects. I'm sure your socks will love Hilton Head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks . . . the perfect travel companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 10° drop in temperature is always pleasant in the summer. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your coffee outside this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no prize for knitting fast, y'know? (And that red is a very lovely color.) Stay cool! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. That calm cool start to your day sounds wonderful! So is that sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're lucky to get some cooler weather. We had some thunder here in Ohio this morning and a bit of rain. I head home to Oregon tomorrow. Enjoy your knitting. I have not done a stitch on this trip even though I brought 2 projects.. small one.. thankfully. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous! We've been getting the storms, but the humidity is not budging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment about Elly Griffiths books. I do have two downloaded to the Kindle. Off to read! Thans!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Knitting outside? Wow. I really need to get out. It's been so awful here for so long. If I don't get some fresh air soon I am going to seriously go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vera! I found your blog! I'm so glad. I've heard of the "radium girls" but didn't know about the book. Those poor girls. I'm glad you were able to be outside knitting for awhile. That makes such a difference doesn't it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color of your top! My sister read Radium Girls and had a similar reaction (hence, it's not on my TBR!) I might suggest something by Karen White as a light read ... many of her books are set in the low country, too, so a nice complement to your HH trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto what Araignee and Wanderingcat said. Here in NEO, I feel like I'm in a Hostage Crisis with this beastly humidity. Arrgh.

    You find such interesting books. Off to investigate Radium Girls.

    ReplyDelete