Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Look What I Spotted This Morning!!

Hello All,


Mid-Week thank goodness.  This week has been super busy for me at work and, so far, the evenings are also full of "things" to do.


At work, our CEO's assistant is out with a torn ham string (OUCH) in 3 (yes, 3!!) places.  So, when she is out, Bobby (CEO) wants me to be "on call" for him.  He is a wonderful guy, but I already support two Presidents, so it makes for busy days.  It's all good...I prefer to be busy, and it's good to be liked by the CEO - lol.


Monday night was yoga and last night I finally ran to the grocery store.  When I got home at 9:30, there was laundry in the dryer and another load in the washer.  There is still more to do...as well as cleaning (particularly bathrooms) and some food prep which I will do Thursday evening.  Also more grocery shopping (I didn't buy any meat for weekend cookouts last night).


All of this is to say, not much (if any) knitting has taken place.  I did read a bit last night before bed and am loving "The Shell Seekers."  It will be my first square on my Summer Book Bingo.  And, a few more books popped up from my hold list at the library, so they have been downloaded onto my Kindle.  Now I just need a bit more time.


We had some gentle rain overnight.  It sounded like a lullaby.  This morning the sun was beginning to peek out and it was around 58 on my patio.  I took my coffee outside and sat and listened to the birds and then, look what I spotted:




Yup - the beginnings of apples.  And, from the looks of it this will be a bumper year!  There are always a bunch that fall off when they are small (golf ball size or so), but there are already many more forming than we had last year.  Fletch and I will be busy this fall making applesauce - YUM!


I need to think of food for Sunday!  Friday we will have some deviled eggs and cold shrimp to munch on late afternoon -- and cocktails, of course!  For dinner I think Fletch will grill burgers, veggie burgers and portabella mushrooms.  We've got all kinds of stuff to load on top of those.  And I'll make a corn and black bean salad.  I'm hoping it will be nice enough for a fire in the pit and we can just toast marshmallows or something.  Saturday we will all be at my nephew's party, but Sunday I need some kind of dinner food.  I'll figure it out - there's still time.


Meanwhile, it's a busy Wednesday morning at work and I am off-site for a couple of hours mid-day, so I'd best get cranking.


Hope everyone's week is going well.

16 comments:

  1. Your week does sound busy, but it also sounds like you are well-organized (with some delicious food planned!). I am glad you took time to enjoy coffee on the patio and spy those baby apples. Homemade applesauce is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you for spelling "Marshmallows" correctly. It is one of my most agonizing pet peeves.

    We are decidedly soggy here with all this rain in May. I'm starting to check for webbing between my fingers and toes.

    At least it's good for your apple crop! Better load up on cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm....you are making me hungry with those weekend plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing those tiny apples! How nice to have a cool morning to enjoy coffee and the sweet morning sights and sounds. We've had 5 inches of rain since Sat. night. Badly needed but I am ready to see some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief. I guess you're darn busy, and I feel like a slug reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to look forward to the weekend when it is midweek at work-I remember well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting home at 9:30 is awful! You have time to sleep, wake up, and go back to work.
    I'm working long hours, but not like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those tiny apples, and I LOVE homemade applesauce, apple butter, apple jelly, apple pie, etc.

    I always preferred to be busy at work: it made the days fly by. Have a great time his weekend. Your menu(s) sound divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always nice to see edibles growing! I've got raspberries and strawberries starting to fruit! Won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your weekend sounds delicious! With your job and schedule I'm really impressed how much "other stuff" you accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you are going to ENJOY the weekend...sounds delish and you will get some much needed downtime, too! Love your energy!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmm! Apples! :-) I love The Shell Seekers -- it's long been one of my favorites, and one of the only books I re-read with some regularity. (I may need to find a square for it on my Bingo card. . . ) It's wonderful to be appreciated at work -- even if it means More Work. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm planning on the Shell Seekers as my first square entry too! It's really great isn't it? Wishing you some serious down time this weekend and lots of delicious food. That Friday afternoon snack sounds to die for and actually something my husband would eat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read the shell seekers a long time ago and loved that book! Apples! so maybe apple pies??? not soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am coming to visit for the weekend because it sounds very yummy. I have had a week of it myself at work with no time to play with yarn. I am happy I like my job but wish I had a bit more time to play.

    ReplyDelete