Monday, July 27, 2026

Weekending 7/27/26

 Good Muggy Morning!

Yeah, the mugginess is back and rain is in our forecast.  But, what a glorious weekend it was.  Perfect weather for being outside.  Once again we ended up at Colin & Mailing's for dinner on Saturday.  We had ribs, greens and corn bread.  All yummy.  I brought a lemony turmeric teacake for dessert.


It was pretty and lemony, but honestly it was not that great.  It was a new recipe that I was trying and I have not bothered to save the recipe...lol.  But really, the meal was wonderful and we ate outside.  Afterwards it was pleasant to sit by a fire in the pit.

Yesterday was laundry day and two loads were hung on the lines to dry.  When hanging the clothes, I noticed our elderberry bush and saw that the berries are already turning dark.


Soon the birds will be feasting.  It feels a little early to me, but I can't really remember when they started to turn last year.

The plan for today is to just relax and do some making and reading.  Fingers crossed nothing gets in my way!  How was your weekend?

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the cake was a disappointment -- it certainly looks beautiful! Our humidity is coming back, so I anticipate getting very sweaty on today's run. I'm hoping the predicted rain comes through tonight. I'm hoping for a quiet day today given that I finished up a big project at the end of last week. It would be nice to have a short week that's also an easy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake sure looks good, but I'm sorry it didn't taste better. The rest of the meal sounds delicious! I used to hate when our elderberries ripened because the birds loved them and they always seemed to poop purple stains on the laundry I had hung out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does seem early for the elderberries! This weather has "hurried" many things along! The smoke is back this morning and as such shortened my early morning walk. Sigh. Have a fantastic Making Monday! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have elderberries here, too. I like cooking them down into a syrup. Have you plans to use them for your baking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful cake, too bad it wasn't as yummy as you'd hoped. Do you pick the elderberries and make syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Berries are early here too, except for blueberries which are very late.

    ReplyDelete