Good Morning!
The forecast rain did indeed roll in late yesterday afternoon and evening and we ended up with an inch or so of rain! Much needed and appreciated. It sounded and smelled so good!! And, more is in the forecast for late in the day again today.
It is so hard to believe that we are at the end of July. Where did it go? It's now the last Wednesday of the month and time to link up with Kat and her Merry Band of Unravelers to chat about making and reading. I know it's difficult to believe, but I have finally picked up my Honky Tonk yarn and started a shortie sock!
The photo shows that I am part of the way down the heel flap. Honestly, I thought I would finish the heel flap, turn the heel and at. least pick up the gusset stitches. But, I guess my less-than-stellar nights of sleep finally caught up with me - yesterday I had a two hour nap and woke up just in time to get dinner ready!
A new pattern that has caught my attention is Flyover by Alison K. Lee for Quince and Co. Has anyone else noticed this one? I love the looks of it for a nice Fall walk. No plans yet to make it, but I'm thinking...
Meanwhile there has been reading. I finished This Book Made Me Think Of You by Libby Page. This was a quick read and a bit of fluff (my opinion). A cute story but perhaps overly sweet. However, it was the perfect book to read after consuming "Land" by Maggie O'Farrell the other week.
After that I read The Story She Left Behind by Patti Callahan Henry. Again, an easy read, but quite enjoyable. And, it's based on a true story which I had not realized until I read the author's notes at the end of the story. Plus, Beatrix Potter is mentioned, so what's not to love?
Today I'm back to watching Iris and looking forward to that. Mailing is headed to Boston today for work and Colin & Iris are driving up there tomorrow for a long weekend. After hanging in Boston, they will head over to Rhode Island for Saturday night. They will be staying with Jan & Pete (Leslie's sister) and as it turns out, Leslie will be there too. I'm so glad they will have a chance to see everyone. I will still be going over to their house each day (twice a day) to care for and feed Talbot. I also want to cook something to leave in their fridge so that they don't need to think about dinner when they return on Sunday.
More beans and tomatoes were picked yesterday - they are really coming in like gangbusters now! I'll be able to leave a healthy serving for C&M&I and still have plenty for us!
And a surprise visitor yesterday - Froggy made an appearance!!
The green he is sitting on is a microfiber cloth sitting over the pump in our water feature. The cloth helps keep debris from settling on the pump, so it runs better.
Well, time to sip some coffee and wake up. Also I need to pull together a lunch for today. May your Wednesday find you happily doing something you love!


That yarn is lovely and will make a very nice pair of shortie socks. Flyover looks like a nice fall piece, although the model has some odd poses in the woods! Iris is a well-traveled little girl, and I hope you have a fun time together today.
ReplyDeleteThose socks are going to be great in that yarn! And I am all for opting for a nap instead of knitting when it's needed. (Don't tell my boss, but I regularly take a brief nap in the afternoon. When I can't keep my eyes open, the only way to wake up again is to give in and snooze for a few minutes!)
ReplyDeleteThat is some fun yarn, Vera! You always find the best skeins! And I like Flyover! And no... I had not seen it so thank you for sharing it!! I love your little frog visitor as well! (speaking of patterns, have you seen Earth Tones Girl's latest pattern, Cuff Link Socks? I am thinking that the July Farmer's Daughter Club yarn would be so cute in that pattern!)
ReplyDeleteWell isn't that Flyover vest fun??? It looks fun to knit -- and something that would be a solid, practical layer for all seasons (well, probably not summer . . . ) (but who knows????). Napping . . . is a wonderful thing, and a call we should heed when we can! XO
ReplyDeleteThat Flyover pattern looks like a fun knit. I have had two sock fails recently so I’m on to some donation hats.
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy little sock that's turning out to be! All those little pops of color look like confetti.
ReplyDeleteMr Frog is very handsome sitting on his green carpet. I haven't seen a frog in ages. Turtles we have plenty of but no frogs.
Flyover is very cute. The frog is cute! So much cuteness.
ReplyDelete