Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Tiny Needle Tuesday 12/20/22

 Hello and Greetings to All,

A Happy Winter Solstice to you...a bit early, but this will be my last post until we are back from our adventure in Texas!  Tomorrow, the Solstice, is also the birthday of one of my brothers.  And, of course, it means that the amount of daylight will begin to increase.  I really love these dark winter mornings and I also really enjoy having dinner by candlelight, so I'm ok with less daylight.  Fletch not so much.  What can I say?  Opposites attract.

Yesterday found my packing finished!  And then I had to re-think it and I removed some things.  In the early morning hours today when I woke up I realized something else I want to take and a few more things to remove.  Today will find me sorting it all out and finalizing it.  After all, our ride to the airport arrives at 7:30 tomorrow morning - there will be no time to do it then!

Meanwhile, it's Tuesday and time for a TNT post.  And voila!  I have a finish!!


That crazy long-legged bird is done.  Woo-Hoo.  The design is "Gathering Basket" by Blackbird Designs (from 2011).  I used 30 count fabric (Weeks Dye Works in the color Cappuccino) and DMC threads.  I don't much care for the fabric - it is very stiff.  Plus, I prefer higher count linens, but it was in my stash and needed to be used.  The designer had stitched one of her initials in the lower left and I tried that, but did not like the way it looked, so ripped that out.  This piece is now put away in the drawer of finishes.  I may (or may not) make a pin cushion out of it.  To be determined at a later date - LOL

If anyone is interested in this chart, let me know.  I'm happy to ship it out to anyone.

I'd like to wish everyone a very peaceful and happy week before Christmas.  And, if you celebrate (or even if you do not) wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah.  While we are away, I may read some blogs on my phone, but most likely will not comment.  I'll try to catch up when I'm back in a week.  Enjoy!!

16 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, Vera! I know you will have an amazing time... but I am wishing for you safe and speedy travels and a time away that is overflowing with love and joy!

    And, one final wish for sweet Mabel... don't get in too much trouble! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that long-legged bird! Wishing you and Fletch a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2023. I hope you have an easy and wonderful trip to TX and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a lovely finish! I hope you and Fletch have an amazing trip and a wonderful time with the kids. I can't wait to hear all about it when you return. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the darker days - there's something cozy about them. That said, I love it when they start getting noticeably longer again, because that means spring is on its way!!!

    Long legged bird looks fantastic! Well done!

    Have a wonderful trip to Texas! Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish. He (or she) is a very handsome bird.

    Happy travels!! See you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finish! I really like the long legged bird. If I still stitched, I would gladly take you up on the offer for the pattern. Sadly, I know I’d never stitch it. Safe travels and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that crazy bird! I can't believe you got it finished already.
    Have a wonderful trip. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful time in TEXAS!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas and have a boy howdy holiday in Texas! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to you and Fletch! Have a wonderful time. The long-legged bird is so charming! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. enjoy your trip and Merry Christmas! I am so impressed that you finished this project - what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful holiday, Vera! Have a great time celebrating in Austin! XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. may you have a wonderful SAFE trip!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderful safe happy holiday. I love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this sampler. Safest of journeys and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete