Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Unraveled Wednesday 10/16/19

Good Morning!

It is a grey, damp day here in Eastern PA.  It's not raining yet, but heavy soaking rains are forecast beginning around Noon and lasting about 12 hours!  I may need to build a boat to get home.

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, a bit of unraveling did occur this week.  In my defense I was not feeling well (the tooth issue and a cold?  or allergies?) when I started Colin's blanket.  The pattern is North of the River and instead of starting with the bottom border I skipped those rows completely and jumped right into the set up rows.  LOL  I have since re-started.  The border (seed stitch) is almost complete:


That is a bright yellow!!  This is a bulky yarn (using a size 11 needle).  The pattern calls for Super bulky yarn and a size 15 needle, but I think that would ruin my hands...so instead I am adding pattern repeats to make the blanket a good size.  I'm hoping to make a bit more progress on this tonight.

There was no knitting at lunch yesterday (working straight through these days), but I'm hoping to sneak in a little bit today on the socks for my sister-in-law.

Now that it feels like Fall has finally arrived, I changed out the runner on our buffet and am back to lighting candles at dinner time.


The vase is holding Beauty Berry - so pretty.  We don't have that on our property, but Fletch was at a client's on Monday and brought some home.

We do eat by candle light each night now that it is a bit darker.  The little tray with gourds, candles and pine cones just about blends into my Fall tablecloth.  The gourds are some Fletch picked up before we went on vacation and we had them on our table in the camper.



I'm between books right now and have been too tired at night to start something new.  Fletch and I did finish Tom Sawyer while on vacation and are now reading "Tender is the Night" by Fitzgerald.  I had read this years ago, but am enjoying it once again.

Linking up with Kat for Unraveled Wednesday.  Hop on over to her blog to see what she and others are making and reading.

19 comments:

  1. It's fun to get out the fall "stuff" isn't it? And candles make the early-dark more cozy. I love beauty berry! I have one in my yard, and the berries just glow. Colin's blanket looks so cheerful. (And you can knit love into each stitch.) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks so warm and inviting! I too love lighting candles and appreciate the glow they provide! That is a bright blanket and bless you for all that seed stitch! That just might be the slowest knitting known to man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seed stitch! That yellow is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just wanted to get right into knitting Colin's blanket! I'm glad you are now knitting happily, complete with border in that cheery yellow. And candles at dinner are a perfect way to relax after a busy day and add a little light and coziness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, the bright color is pretty, it will be a beautiful blanket. The candles, table runner and fall decor are all lovey.
    Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the blanket will be lovely, but I hope that color doesn't keep him awake! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And seed stitch does take time to get through but will make a great border! Hope all goes well at work today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....I'm impressed! The Mister and I huddle over our pitiful little dinners on the kitchen island. I just can't get motivated to do real meals since we retired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a huge stash of bulky and super bulky. I love how fast it knits up. Off to look at the blanket pattern you mention.

    Dinner by candlelight--I think we might start doing that. It sounds quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candlelight sounds like a lovely way to usher in the darker evenings. Autumn is my favorite season but I will miss the light in the evenings. I hope your weather doesn't bring any storm damage. I know it is raining on the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good call on the needles size for the blanket - 15s always seem so clunky to me. I love candles on cool evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that yellow.. it will bring some sunshine in the darkness of winter. I like your autumn table. When the kids lived here we ate at the table.. 5 years of being good. Since they are gone we are back to having our meals in our recliners watching the TV. LOL!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty yellow! I've never used super bulky yarn. Just thinking about it makes my hands hurt. Your table looks so cozy and warm. I've taken to lighting candles and my wax scent burner every day. I love it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw I love eating by candlelight - we only do it once a week, but it sure makes the meal feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That blanket will be so bright & cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That blanket is going to be great. I too have to watch bulky yarns as they cause strain on my wrists and fingers. But they are a joy to speedily knit with. Im fighting a cold...ugh

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very festive looking at your house my friend. That blanket is going to be gorgeous. Hope the rains were not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. look at all the fall decorations! I rarely knit with bulky but it's because thick yarns make my RA worse. I love love the color!!

    ReplyDelete