Good Morning All,
Gosh! Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day with mild temps. It felt wonderful. Today is grey and cloudy. We are forecast to have strong thunderstorms with strong winds - mainly later on - but it looks like the skies could open at any moment. It's dark!
After dithering about for a couple of weeks, I did finally put needle and thread to fabric yesterday and made a (very) small start.
Of course, after that small start and being not sure about the fabric or the design, I spent yet another 1.5 hours looking over patterns and fabric in my stash. Nothing called to me (again). Most likely I will stitch a few more of the letters and see what it looks like. Or not. LOL
The weather, as I mentioned, was so great yesterday I did a lot of cooking. I made potato salad for dinner. A blueberry crostata was baked.
I confess to having a tiny bite while it was still warm from the oven. Heavenly!
Then I roasted some nuts! Almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews and Brazil nuts were all tossed with a tiny amount of EVOO and then sprinkled with fresh rosemary and thyme, sea salt, a little habanero salt, red pepper flakes and a touch of black pepper.
I need to remember that nuts are a healthy snack...but not in a huge quantity. LOL
Dinner was simply hot dogs to go with the potato salad, but I decided to do them on the indoor grill and added marinated mushrooms (which fell off the skewer I had them on) as well as slices of zucchini and yellow squash.
Once again, it's obvious that we love to eat!
Once again, it's obvious that we love to eat!
Today will find me back at a a grocery store - I'm planning on shrimp and pineapple skewers for dinner with corn on the cob. Need the pineapple and the corn. The bathrooms are begging to be scrubbed, but time will tell whether that happens or not. This weather is making it feel like a very lazy day!
May your Tuesday find you with something tasty to eat and something fun to do!




We had a similarly beautiful (and low humidity) day yesterday and are due for thunderstorms later. Right now, it looks like they'll come though between Ruthie's midday walk and her late afternoon walk; I'm really hoping we don't get drenched like we did on Saturday! Your dinner may have been simple, but it sounds yummy -- especially that crostata!
ReplyDeleteWe're supposed to get some good storms today too - I hope so - we desperately need the rain
ReplyDeleteIt was so nice yesterday that I was happy to sit and stitch outdoors for a few hours. It is dark and threatening here any moment, but we could use the rain. I would come for a dinner like that, especially the blueberry crostata. Pineapple and shrimp sounds pretty good, too!
ReplyDeleteI think the pic of your crostata would make a lovely puzzle to work on! lol
ReplyDeleteThe abundance of summer fruit is such a good thing! I like to have fresh fruit on my yoghurt, but have been cooking all of it out of an abundance of caution! Tarts and crostata's are not a bad thing! Have a good Tuesday and stay dry!
ReplyDeleteYum, Vera! Your cooking and baking is inspirational, for sure. I look forward to watching your sampler come to life.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the lazy day!
ReplyDeleteYou've made me crave potato salad. I have the things I need to make coleslaw but no potatoes so that's not happening tonight. That crostata looks heavenly. I love anything blueberry.
ReplyDeleteWe might get storms again tonight but right now it is oppressively humid. It's making 89 feel hotter than it should. I've noticed that the poison ivy in the woods is starting to turn red. That's a very good sign. Summer needs to make a hasty exit this year.