Hello!
How is everyone doing on this last day of July? And who can believe that tomorrow is August already?
Yesterday was such a lovely day for me. It was humid, but not hot. Laundry was done in the morning and a run to the post office to get stamps and a box for shipping Leslie's birthday gift to her. Also (naturally) a visit to CVS to pick up a prescription. I also ventured out to the garden.
Yesterday's haul! The bush green beans are now coming in along with more (and more and more) yellow pole beans. Another small cucumber and a good picking of the sun gold cherry tomatoes. I took a very large bag of yellow beans over to Colin & Mailing's yesterday afternoon when I fed Talbot - I was having a hard time finding room for everything in my own fridge!
Early yesterday afternoon I had the most wonderful massage. Mallory, my massage therapist, is a miracle worker! I wanted to just come home and fall into a deep sleep, but instead I folded towels from the dryer and then drove over to feed Talbot.
Today I plan to spend a bit of time over at C&M's. I'll feed Talbot, clean the litter box and then settle in for some knitting. I need to tink a bit - I discovered my heel flap has a few extra stitches. Not sure how that happened, but hopefully I can find the error and correct. Later I'll venture back out to the garden - I know there will be more beans to pick.
I started to read The Calamity Club, but the book is so big and heavy and my eyes grew tired and heavy too. Hopefully I'll make more progress in that later today. It is laugh out loud funny in places.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend and a great start to August - enjoy!!

Looks like you have a lot of bean-centric meals in your future! I'm glad to hear the humor in the Calamity Club comes through in the print version (the narrators of the audio did an excellent job). I can't believe it's August tomorrow! Molly had better get moving on her summer reading -- she'll be starting school in about four weeks now. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice haul! Oddly, there have been no beans at the farmer's market this year. Not sure why but I do miss a fresh bean.
ReplyDeleteThat is a nice garden haul and it's good that you can share with C&M. Yesterday John had 26 zucchinis and I just about lost it. I have 16 quarts of frozen shredded zucchini already and am tied of eating it. Luckily I gave a whole bag to Ryan's neighbor and a few to John's sister so I only had to deal with 6 myself. We've also got beans but I am looking forward to tomatoes.
ReplyDeleteWhat a haul from your garden, Vera! The best part of a garden is sharing the abundance! Have a fantastic weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great bunch of produce you've got there! I loved Calamity Club but it IS a big book. The good thing about a kindle is that's never an issue. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletenice haul! I finally have one cucumber on my vine!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful harvest--enjoy!
ReplyDeleteNice garden haul. Those green beans look especially yummy.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
Wow your garden is crushing it!
ReplyDeleteLook at those beans. I am envious. Yes, there is always a trip to CVS - at least around here. Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDelete