Monday, November 20, 2017

Unblocked But Finished!!

Hello All,


It is a crispy morning here.  And the wind over the weekend!  Yikes - it was like the Mistrals suddenly appeared from France (remember the movie Chocolat?).


I will count the weekend as a success.  Everything on my long list of chores was crossed off (and completed...not just crossed off).  And, I have a finish.  Close to You is done...still needs to be blocked, but I probably won't get to that until after our Thanksgiving guests leave.  This was such an easy and enjoyable knit.  I do wish it were a little deeper (and I'll be pulling hard when I block), but it is cozy and warm against my neck.




The color is so rich (lighter than what appears above).


Meanwhile, another busy day in work-land.  I've already had one conference call and another in 20 minutes.  It's a short week for me - just working today and tomorrow.  Wednesday will be food prep for Thanksgiving.


On a negative side, my car wouldn't start this morning...not sure what the problem is...waiting to hear from Fletch.  Just hoping it is something easy and inexpensive - ha!


OK, time to rock and roll.  Have a great week and...if I don't get back to blogging before Thursday, I'm hoping all of you have a wonderful, tasty, fun, relaxing Thanksgiving.  Enjoy!!

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is beautiful! You did such a nice job knitting it.

    I hope you have a wonderful week and holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing your shawl. I think you'll be able to easily get more depth when you block it.

    I hope the car issue is an easy fix. Wishing you a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Close to You is really lovely; congratulations on a beautiful finish! I'm adding my wishes for an easy car fix (new battery?) and hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little shawl! Sorry about the car. . . hope it's an easy fix. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shawl! Love the color. I need something in that color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh bugger about the car. Hope it is something easy to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shawl looks great! And its going to be even better when its blocked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shawl is beautiful! ...hope the car "fix" was easy - and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent job on finishing the shawl! Sorry about the car-we just need them to WORK all the time with no time off!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shawl is gorgeous. I am working until Wednesday late afternoon then am off the rest of the week. I need four days off to get organized. Happy Thanksgiving, hope the car fix is not expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. boy that shawl looks fantastic before a blocking!! Lovely knitting :)

    ReplyDelete