Hello My Friends,
Well, so far today is not going as planned. I'm supposed to be at the vet's with Mabel right now (her annual check up), but she is outside somewhere and not coming when I call (which is not unusual). I know I should not have let her out this morning, but she was so vocal and I figured she would go out and then come right back for breakfast. I guess she is on some kind of walk-about. Fortunately the vet is very understanding and said when she shows up to call and they will do their best to fit her in. Nice people.
Yesterday was a good day with Iris but oh my! I was so sleepy and tired. I couldn't knit or read while she napped - couldn't focus or concentrate. And, I actually went to bed a little after 8 p.m. last night. Not sure what's up or if I'm fighting a little something, but I slept almost 10 hours last night!
But here we are at Wednesday and it's time to link up with Kat and her Merry Band of Unravelers for Unraveled Wednesday. Always fun. Originally I thought I would finish the second sock for Iris over the weekend, but time got away from me and then I didn't finish it yesterday as planned (see above). So here we are, just rows from the toe decrease:
One done and one almost done. Maybe later today?? Since I'm home today I'm also planning to make the French Apple Cake that Kat blogged about on Monday. YUM!!
Reading is still a bit on the slow side for me. I did finish Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer. This is a book I started years ago and then it sat on my nightstand. Periodically I would pick it up and read some pages. Now I want to go back and start it over again. There is an awful lot of wisdom in this book!
Fletch and I finished listening to Robert Macfarlane's book The Wild Places which was quite interesting. Some of the glossary chapters became a little long winded, but overall a good listen. Last night we started listening to his book Underland: A Deep Time Journey which we are both enjoying. What will we do when we run out of Macfarlane books?
One of my brother's recommended the book The Salmon Cannon and the Levitating Frog: And Other Serious Discoveries of Silly Science which I've started. Carly Anne York is a good writer and the book is fun and interesting. I think a number of my fellow bloggers would enjoy it. I also picked up The Amateur by Chris Bohjalian and am hoping this pulls me out of my fiction reading slump.
Here's hoping Mabel shows up before too long and I can get her into the vet's later today. I hope your Wednesday is a good one. Have some fun!

Mabel may have suspected she was going to the vet and decided to go into hiding. I hope she shows up soon. It's chilly enough this morning that I hope you get Iris' socks done soon, but an apple cake is also important. I hope you enjoy The Amateur as much as I did. I was surprised that I enjoyed a book about golf so much!
ReplyDeleteI think Frankie would like to go on a walk-about when he has to head to the vet! LOL I think it is the change of the weather that is making us tired. I am definitely not sick but have been happy to get into bed early lately! Not a bad thing! Happy Wednesday to you!
ReplyDeleteOh Mabel, so sneaky to disappear when a trip to the vet is planned! I hope she turns up soon. I really enjoyed The Amateur -- it was certainly a page-turner! As for the sleepiness, here's hoping it was just the (much) cooler weather making your body think it was time to hibernate.
ReplyDelete