Good Morning All,
Another chilly morning - 45 according to my phone. I have a long sleeved tee shirt on with PJ pants and a shawl wrapped around my shoulders. Feeling cozy.
Once again I have not been stitching, but eventually I will. Right now my days seem to be filled with other things.
Look at that blue sky! This photo was taken yesterday, the 5th of October, and if you click to enlarge you will see there are a couple of blooms on our apple tree! This has happened before - I remember coming home from a Fall camping trip to blooms on the tree. So not unusual, but still a surprise.
A funny story about the apples. They are almost all gone now. The ones that are left are pretty high up. On Saturday the lawn guys came to (finally) cut our grass. One of the workers was walking around with his blower or weed whacker holding it up high and knocking down apples. Then he would pick them up and put them in his pocket! LOL
Fletcher also discovered that we finally have buds on our morning glory! Maybe it will bloom before a frost kills it all. Our figs are plentiful, but still not ripening. Not sure that will happen. I read up on them and it does not pay to pick them early and try to ripen them inside - doesn't work. But I did see that we do indeed have more zinnias blooming in the garden and there are still two cucumbers that are just about ready to pick!
I'm off to spend the day with Iris. I hope your Tuesday finds you discovering some lovely surprises!

I saw a magnolia in the neighborhood with a flower on it and also some leaves changing colors -- it was so confused! I've finally got some zinnias blooming (too high for the bunnies to eat) and a bunch of green tomatoes and bell peppers, but it was around 40 this morning, so I'm not sure if they'll get a chance to ripen (and I do not care for green peppers).
ReplyDeleteHave fun with Iris!
My neighbor's magnolia also has one blossom and I've got a few grape hyacinths blooming. There is definitely less daylight and the temperatures haven't been too warm, so I guess plants and trees are just confused. I hope you have fun with Iris!
ReplyDeleteWe had a frost morning last night - I had to scramble after work to get a pile of houseplants in. Usually the frost holds off until the end of the month but not this year!
ReplyDeleteNeighbour Bronson has a fig tree (in a pot) that had figs on it (I was taking care of it while taking care of Freya) but they were pretty small. I don't think they will ripen.
One branch on my forsythia has blooms on it... very curious! None of the other branches got the "bloom in October" memo though... just one rogue branch! Ha! Have a good day with Iris!
ReplyDeleteI'm still waiting for some cooler days...enjoy the jeans and t-shirt weather! Have a good day with Iris!
ReplyDeleteSad about the figs--but maybe the weather will even out and they'll ripen!
ReplyDeleteI noticed that the fig trees around here didn't seem to set fruit like the normally do. I wish I could take a look at the fig tree I left behind at dad's house when I sold it. It was a massive producer. Every September we had buckets full.
ReplyDeleteIt's cold here too. I had to get up and put a flannel shirt and socks on last night because I still have my summer bedding on. I'm afraid to switch it over. It will surely jinx me and it will be 90 again.
We planted morning glories mid summer and they are blooming but they are hidden under the leaves, we hope they self seed for next year. Our neighbors have a mower man that when he blows he rides a segway which is comical - there isn't much to walk around but I guess he thinks it's faster.
ReplyDelete