Monday, February 4, 2019

Weekending

Good Morning!

Dare I say that it feels like Spring outside????  A week ago we were in the grips of some major cold...today it will get into the 50's and tomorrow in Philly it is supposed to hit 65.  Tyg has been acting like he has Spring Fever - running all over the place, jumping and playing and in and out of the house a hundred times in a day.  Also back on the patio roof several times - lol.

What a lovely weekend.  Dee and I met up on Saturday to start our KAL of Sunday Swing and here is where I was as of Saturday night.


Oh dear!  Not too far along.  That is 10 rows of ribbing.  I managed to do 5 rows while Dee and I were together and another 5 Saturday night.  Then I got distracted...However, I managed to get a bit more done yesterday - the ribbing is finished and I have the first 6 rows of the 16 row pattern complete (but failed to take a picture).  I don't think my yarn will show the pattern very well, but I'm enjoying knitting with it and will continue.  I *think* the yarn is from Miss Babs - the band is lost somewhere, but I sort of remember buying this yarn for Mick Jagged (which, of course, I never got around to making).

Naturally Dee and I had to hit a shop first thing.  Emma's Yarns was having a trunk show at Purls of Wisdom, so we headed over there.  Dee behaved herself.  I did not.  First up, this skein of Hedge Hog Fibers jumped into my hands.  Pine is the colorway and I just had to have it.


Love all the flecks of green in it.  And then, a few of the Emma's Yarns skeins were attractive, but nothing I HAD TO HAVE, until I saw these two large skeins:


They both are 600 yards of yarn and I thought they would make a beautiful shawl together (pattern yet to be determined - any suggestions, let me know).  The top, copper color is named "Wish You Were Beer" which cracked me up and the bottom one is named "Weather Vane."

Sunday the hours somehow got away from me.  We were busy with grocery shopping and laundry and we are also back on cat duty while Colin & Mailing are in Pittsburgh for a few days.  I can't wait for them to move into their house and be 20 minutes away from us instead of 45 minutes.  I did a little stitching and knit a few more rows on my sockhead cowl.  I did not manage to cast on for my Hitchhiker - maybe tonight?  I also conveniently did not start Fletcher's cowl and I need to do that.  It is so unlike me to have multiple projects going on - I'm curious to see how it all works out for me.

Hoping you all had a wonderful weekend.  Now (for me) it's back to work (which is really cramping my knitting and stitching time).


15 comments:

  1. I'm behind in commenting once again! So glad the sockhead cowl served you well through Fletch's cataract surgery. Also glad he came through with flying colors. I have that in my future someday -- not yet though. Fun that you had a good time with your friend casting on and shopping! Nice haul! Having Colin and Mailing 20 minutes away will be great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn you bought is just beautiful (and you should never feel bad about buying beautiful yarn)! Enjoy the warm temperatures; it even smells a bit like spring outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Yarn looks great. Glad you had a lovely time sock knitting, and a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any better feeling than bringing home some new yarn??? Well maybe but it's way up there on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you have a break in the winter weather. We have snow here this morning in Oregon so I'm very happy with the 1/4 inch on the ground. Love that Beer yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sock is coming along nicely. I like the yarn you're using for yours.

    We got a bit of a warm up and Relic is driving me NUTS!
    Love your new acquisitions too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish you were beer!!! Cracks me up every single time!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find that the pattern gains texture with my variegated yarn as I work along! Nice yarn for yours! The new yarns are delicious-will look forward to seeing them in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ❤️ the two large skeins of yarn you purchased: the colors go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful yarn, Vera! It's such a treat to indulge in lovely yarns, isn't it? XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. yarn shopping with a friend is a very very good weekend! The yarns you bought are so pretty and I love your knit along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! It’s going to be warm there. We’re having our first real cold snap of the winter. lows in single digits and highs in the teens and lower 20s. I’m ready for spring now.
    I love the yarn that jumped into your hands. You chose some very pretty colors. I’m sure Colin and Mailing feel very blessed to have you taking care of their kitties. It’s wonderful that you live close enough to be able to do that, but I agree it will be even nicer when they live closer. How fun that will be for all of you. Have a great day. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great score! 1200 yards of those two yarns wil make an awesome shawl! Your son is moving closer ! ! How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delightful stitching weekend you had ... new yarn, new projects, new yarn .... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually think you were GOOD.. buying yarn and supporting independent shops and spinners and dyers is wonderful! I look forward to how you do your hitchhiker.. I do have one buried in my "craft studio". Where things go to be lost forever. LOL!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete