Tuesday, January 15, 2019

A Finish!

Hello All,

Another very chilly morning (in the teens), but my head was warm!  I finished the hat last night.  It's not blocked but it fits very well and it's cold out, so I wore it today.


Just 15 rows of ribbing, then a bunch of plain knitting.  When I got a bit bored, I added 3 garter ridges, more stockinette, then 2 garter ridges, more stockinette and one garter ridge, then the crown decrease.  I have just enough yarn left to make a nice pom-pom which I *might* do.  Or, I may get one of those furry pom-poms to put on it.  I haven't decided yet.

Tonight I'll wind the yarn that came in for Fletcher's cowl and knit a swatch and then design that.  I'm looking forward to doing something different.  Of course, I'll need to measure Fletcher's neck and I told him I promised to not draw the tape measure too tightly - lol.

While I was knitting in the kitchen last night, Tyg was playing with several different toys and batting them under the buffet.  He would scoot under and then suddenly the toy would come flying out - he would make a good hockey or soccer player.



I have been having the strangest dreams lately.  Two nights ago I dreamed that I somehow ended up in a place where there was a "big dog contest" or parade.  All these folks were walking dogs that came up to their shoulders!  And some people brought alpacas that were extremely tall.  Not sure WHAT I was thinking when I went to bed that night.  And last night I woke up at 2:30 having a very weird dream with Fletch and a bunch of people from work in it.  Hoping for a better night's sleep tonight.....

Still reading "As Bright As Heaven" and enjoying it.  It's nice to read a "real" book for a change...though it is a bit heavier than my Kindle.

Hope your week is going well!

12 comments:

  1. The hat is very pretty--I'm glad it performed well on its first wear!!!
    Here's to a good night's sleep w/o the weird factor! My cats have been super playful with their toys, too--and they get to go in and out so it isn't cabin fever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice hat, and smart of you to finish in time for a cold morning. I've got errands today, but I'm waiting until the temperature reaches at least 20 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Flyers sure could use Tyg! Maybe you could get him one of those million dollar contracts the players get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the hat, and it looks pretty cozy.

    I agree with Dee - contact the Flyers about Tyg! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange dreams have plagued my sleep the past week - one even woke me up with a LOUD knock. Love the hat and the photo of Tyg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see Tyg in action! Perfectly-timed finish on the hat, Vera. What a great color -- and so cozy, too. (I always make pompoms, and then end up taking them off . . . ) XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful, beautiful hat. I had strange dreams the night before last, but none last night. I wonder what’s going on with all of us? Frannie the cat, has been pulling magnets off of the refrigerator at night. How in the world is she reaching the magnets that are on the freezer part? I would love to be able to catch her in the act. Stay warm. It’s a cold one here today too. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo on the hat finish and it's gorgeous! I think a big furry pompom would be fun on it. I actually ordered a white pompom off Etsy and it never came. :-( Then I see that Knitpicks sells them so I might order one from them. I look forward to seeing the cowl you will make. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great hat!!! And just in time for this blast of winter we are having.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hat is lovely and I love the crown shaping!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I LOVE the hat (I vote for a tassel!) and especially the perfect timing to finish it! Can't wait to see the cowl ... quite curious about the yarn Fletch chose :-)

    ReplyDelete