Sunday, October 14, 2018

Mid-October

Well Hi There!


It's late Sunday afternoon.  Soon Fletch will light the grill.  He is grilling steaks and also cooking potatoes on the grill tonight.  I'll make a salad - with Garden Lettuce!!!  Hard to believe we are getting lettuce now.  Wonderful.


Meanwhile, with all the tomatoes Fletch picked, I decided I needed to make ketchup - the tomatoes would not hold till next weekend when I am back home again.  So after breakfast (raspberry pancakes and sausage - yum!!), I got to work chopping.  Then things had to simmer for 2+ hours.




Fletch confirmed, by the way, that this particular variety of tomatoes is supposed to be orange.  Meanwhile, the results:




Five jars.  It was the perfect day to do this as it was in the low 40's when we got up and didn't break out of the 50's all day (yes, another grey, dreary one).


I did manage to finish the first electric rainbow sock on Friday. And start the second one!




The shot is more than a bit washed out - the sock is really much brighter and very fun!!  The second one will be traveling with me to Atlanta tomorrow.


Fletch has been busy pruning bushes close to the house (to allow more light in through the windows (it's Fall!!).  Every year he tries to find praying mantis egg cases to put in our vegetable garden - we often have contests to see who can guess when the babies will hatch.  Today he found one:




Well, I'm packed for Atlanta and ready to go.  I have a car picking me up at 8 tomorrow morning to go to the airport.  Truthfully, I am a home-body and I will be happy when this week is over.  As much as I loved vacation and my Sisters' Weekend, those two trips were too close together and then Hilton Head was thrown in the mix and now Atlanta.  Once I am home Thursday I am (I think) finished traveling till the Spring.  And that is good with me.


I'll try to catch up on your blogs while I'm out of town, but probably won't comment.  Wishing you all the best of weeks!

15 comments:

  1. have a good trip! I have never made ketchup but I bet it tastes better than store bought. Have a great sister weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming over to eat at your house, yum! Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you im a homebody too! you will do well however, and then be HOME sweet home. I love your sock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy travels!!!! I have never had homemade ketchup. It looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... Ive never considered making ketchup... something to look into.
    Have a safe,fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a safe trip! I look forward to hearing all about it when we get together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ketchup is pretty cool-never tried that or eaten homemade ketchup!
    The sock turned out beautifully; hope you have time to knit on the trip! (I'm a homebody, too, and more so the older I get!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know just what you mean about too many trips too close together! Enjoy your time in Atlanta. When you get back home, you can really settle in -- assured that you won't be away again for awhile. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can almost smell the delicious tomato scent of your ketchup simmering, and hopefully it warmed up the house, too! I hope you have a good time in Atlanta, along with some knitting time and a lovely return home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Safe, easy travels - and enjoy! ...also, I think you should plan a special cookout for that lovely homemade ketchup!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a very busy and productive lady! I hope your trip goes well and then you can get home and not have to worry about another trip for a while. I'm happy to be at home, too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Socks look great, as does the ketchup. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete