Sunday, October 21, 2018

Another Fun Saturday and YARN!!!

Hello All,


Well, I'm back from Atlanta (and let me tell you - that traffic is nasty - 6 lane highway at a gridlock at 6:30 a.m. - YIKES!!).  The meeting was very good.  The massage was EXCELLENT.  The winery dinner was good - not great.  Bottom line:  I am happy to be home and I am staying put for as long as I can - lol.  Four trips inside of two months is too much for this old soul.


Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Dee and I had to get together on Saturday...it had been way too long.  She showed up at my house Saturday morning and we made our way into Manayunk the LONG way (i.e., no Schuylkill Expressway for us) to Hidden River Yarns.  I didn't even realize there was a Dead Grandma in the window - check out Dee's Blog for a pic of Dead Grandma - wonderful!!


Of course we both bought yarn.  Here's my haul (I was very, very restrained):




The yarn on the right will become a hat - I think for Colin.  The yarn on the left (Mango colorway) is destined for toes and cuffs (100% wool, no nylon).


I was also able to snap up a copy of Issue 5 of Laine.  Apparently back issues are "scarce as hen's teeth" and I have wanted this issue after seeing one of the pieces in a shop window in MA last month.  Whew!  These magazines are not cheap, but the patterns are wonderful and the articles/interviews are just great too.


After wandering the streets for a bit, we headed to a pub for lunch (awesome chicken BBQ nachos for moi and a beer brewed with coffee which was so good!!) and then hit a Starbucks on the way home for coffee and knitting (and, of course, some good talk).


Sometimes I feel like I won the lottery when Dee moved North.  We ALWAYS have a great time when we get together (and it has been way too long since I had friends in the area).  Thanks Dee for a fun day and looking forward to our next get together.


Sunday has been lazy - laundry (of course) and grocery shopping (of course).  I felt like crap when we got home from the grocery store...but a 2 hour nap revived me and I have some sauce (garlic, peppers, mushrooms, onions, eggplant, grilled sausage and a tiny amount of ground round) bubbling away on the stove for dinner.  I'm thinking Monday is going to be busy, busy, busy for me.  Wishing you all a lovely week!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely new yarns!
    And I agree, there's no place like home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Dee always find good yarn and food! I'll be interested to see how that yarn for Colin's hat knits up. Your sauce sounds delicious and I hope your upcoming week isn't as busy as you expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! I am very, very fortunate not only to have met you in blog-land, but to live close enough that we can get together. I had a blast on Saturday. Yes, we probably should have stuffed ourselves a little fuller with ice cream. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you and Dee can get together once in a while! It sounds like such fun. :-) Love the yarn destined for Colin's hat. (And welcome home! Too much travel makes HOME all the more sweet.) XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both hit the lottery as you are both so wonderful. Enjoy that new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat yarn. I share your astonishment about Atlanta's traffic. Their airport is also the only one which has ever lost my luggage--TWICE. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yarn for Colin's hat - it looks si,liar to homespun. Spending a day with a good friend while sharing food, knitting, and conversation sounds ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had the good trip--always best to be home!
    The new yarn for the hat is incredible! I can't wait to see it knit up!
    (The Wooly Thistle site has back issues of Laine but they sold out of #5 and 6!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Responding to your comment on my fox socks--I wish I knew! I wound the yarn up a while ago and then lost the ball band.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you saw our traffic at its typical, but glad you had some Excellent parts, too! Know you're happy to be home and I hope today/this week go well. We have a a couple of yarn shops that aren't exactly "local", but a 45-90 minute drive on a Saturday might be ok (especially if there were lunch, beer and a Starbucks stop included) ... need to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your toes and cuffs plan! for the gold.
    It is hat knitting time here too! I may get to sneak in a Yarn shop tomorrow on the way to the dentist. Im so happy for you and Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful yarn you found, it will be fun to see you turn it into some wonderful things. You're lucky to have a good friend to do things with. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you did win the lottery to have a knitting buddy show up - I love the yarns you bought.

    ReplyDelete