Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Half a Leg

Good Morning!


I'm happy to report that the sun is shining and there is no rain in the forecast until a possible small thunder storm tomorrow.  Woo-Hoo!


Yesterday turned out to be an ok day.  I had completely forgotten that we had an off-site employee lunch at Bahama Breeze starting at 12:30.  That didn't end till after 2:30 and Bobby (CEO) said he was fine with everyone calling it a day and going home!  I don't need to be told that twice.  I was home by 3 p.m.  And that, my friends, meant more knitting time.  I now have half a leg on Sunflower Sock #2:




So sunny and bright!  I love these socks (the yarn more than the pattern).


I've got some work chores this morning and hope to get out at lunch to knit a bit more.  Then I have to leave early as I have a podiatrist appointment at 4:30.  I have hammer toes and other awful things going on with my feet and get very painful corns on the balls of my feet.  Hoping to get these taken care of as we are planning to go hiking on Saturday with Colin & Mailing and Mailing's parents.


Here's to a SUNNY day!!

13 comments:

  1. Hope the dr. appointment goes well. Where are you going hiking?

    I think we are going out to Peace Valley Park this afternoon.

    I also learned ....you don't HAVE to comment. Just click the notify button at the bottom right. No comment needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are so pretty! They scream sunflowers and summer to me.

    I hope your dr appt goes well - few things are more painful than foot problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahama Breeze sounds like a lovely place for lunch and that there could be cocktails involved. Good luck at the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going home early and having more time to knit is fantastic!

    I hope your appoint went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An early end to the day is always good in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sunshine and knitting time always make smile! (good luck with your feet!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A surprise early-release is The BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a good time this afternoon-the second sock is flying off your needles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work day sounded so happy and getting off early and all.. enjoy your extra knitting time! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whee for an early release! Hope your feet are better much soon. ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those socks too, and yay for early work days!! And a lunch out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color of the socks!
    Take care of your health...

    ReplyDelete