Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Unraveled Wednesday 05-23-18

Hello All,


No unraveling has taken place which is nice...but there has been minimal knitting as well.  Yesterday morning I knit 4 rows on my sock before work.  Same thing this morning.  No knitting last night.  Sad....


But I did play a game of Scrabble with Colin which was fun.  I used to play weekly with my Dad when he was alive (and he could still beat me in his 90's!).  Fletch doesn't enjoy the game, but Colin and I do.  And Colin did win by about 20 points.


Meanwhile, Tyg has decided that even though he enjoys playing with DPNs and yarn, he definitely does NOT want to learn to knit.




I love the way he covers his eyes when he naps.


The crazy week at work continues - another day with about 15 (different from yesterday) folks in for budget reviews.  I'm up to my eyeballs in org charts and spreadsheets.  By the end of the week everything should be finalized (or finalized until the CFO comes back and says "you need to find another $2 - $3 million").  I'll be happy to reach the long holiday weekend.


On the reading front, I did finish Mrs. Hemingway by Naomi Wood and I enjoyed it.  I'm in the midst now of Empty Mansions which I am finding interesting.  I had never heard of W. A. Clark or Huguette Clark.


OK - gotta run.  Hope everyone's week is going well.

15 comments:

  1. What a sweet photo of Tyg!!! He sure knows how to take it easy.

    Only 3 days left of the work week. You can MAKE IT to the weekend! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyg is such a sweetpea!

    I spent last night tinking on a pair of socks to find a mistake - which I did, so all's well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are really earning your upcoming long weekend! Here's hoping you find some time during the holiday to knit a bit, relax, and maybe play a bit more Scrabble. I also love the game and wish I could play in person with my kids; Words With Friends is a poor substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a big game-player, but I do enjoy Scrabble. I'm sure you could beat me by way more than 20 points, though! Sending good thoughts for making it through the rest of the week. Budget season is no fun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Tyg photo and glad you didn't have any unraveling, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that photo of your cutie-cat. Honestly, I think I have lost many many brain cells and do not know if I could play Scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my mom and I would play, I'm not much of a game player but if I do I like a two person game :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Relic's photo is precious!

    I love to play Scrabble and Words with Friends, an app that is similar to Scrabble

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have enjoyed playing Scrabble but I am a rookie-my husband's sisters and Mom played for blood! They were champs, literally.
    I hope work lightens up for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sleeping kitties are the best. Now that it is warm out mine want to take their naps out on the deck. I miss seeing them sprawled all over the house. They sure know how to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fezz is our only eye covering cat!!!! Love that. I cover my eyes too in the morning. I have an eye mask or I throw a pillow over my face...really. Love that you and Colin play scrabble!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I play Scrabble on Facebook and just love it. Your cat is adorable. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can almost feel that tummy fur through The Interwebs!

    Rick stopped playing Scrabble with me. I just get way too vicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes you just don't have the time to knit. I miss it greatly when that happens. Hope the busyness at work slows down soon. Scrabble -- my FIL and grandmother-in-law used to love to play together. They were big Scrabble players!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you made it through the work week and are now enjoying a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete