Friday, May 18, 2018

TGIF 5-18-18

Hi All,


TGIF!  It has been a LONG week.  And next week will be brutal work-wise.  One big announcement:  one of my bosses is retiring in January!  Woo-Hoo (a tad bit envious over here).  It's definitely time (he's been miserable for too long) and I've known about his plans for 2+ years, but finally it was announced.  Now there will be jostling and positioning among the underlings.  Will be interesting to watch (or maybe it won't be so interesting...).


Colin backed out of coming over on Wednesday, but he did show up last night and we watched Phantom Thread.  I LOVED it!!  The costumes, the details, all the sewing and the music!  Plus Daniel Day-Lewis.  I know a lot of you didn't care for the film, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and want to see it again (which is really weird because typically I don't like movies and get bored and rarely watch one a second time).  In addition to DD-L, I thought that Lesley Manville and Vicky Krieps were excellent in their roles.


So, it's almost the weekend!  The Lansdale Farmers Market is opening their season tomorrow and there will be an alpaca on hand!!  I'm planning to meet up with Dee - hopefully at the market - and then for coffee...or the reverse.  Depending on the weather which is decidedly soggy.


Well, the caterers have arrived with our breakfast at work, so I'm going to make my way to the kitchen to see what's there.  Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Wishing you a good (and dry if at all possible) weekend! All this rain is providing a bit more knitting time, but it's also creating a muddy jungle in the yard and garden. Enjoy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A strong storm came through here yesterday - wind and lots of rain. Of course, I wasn't home, and the bedroom window was wide open. I had to do some major mopping and cleaning when I got home.

    I hope you and Dee have a good time tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful weekend. We are expecting a mixed bag of weather but I'm hoping for one good day to get out in the gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for no drama in the upcoming retirement transition ... and that the rain doesn't spoil your weekend plans. TGIF indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The farmers market at Lansdale sounds nice, I didn't even know of it and not far at all. Hope all goes well at work. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh have fun with DEE! Im' sure some good coffee will be had as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am getting all caught yup with your life Vera. Good luck with the extra work and all the changes a retirement makes, I am a bit jealous I am not retiring. Have a wonderful time with Dee. Give her a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. I could NEVER do coffee before shopping! Need to wait a good hour before even getting into a car! I did hear the bad reviews on that movie, but everyone's taste is different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After reading your opinion of the movie, I googled it and watched the trailer - it got pretty negative in their relationship in the clip.. but it looks like an interesting film for sure! Have fun at the market, I bet I'd love it. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree --- TGIF!!!!

    Looking forward to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a good knit with Dee; enjoy your weekend break!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Next week is going to be brutal for me, too! It's cast a bit of a shadow over my weekend -- but not as much as my daughter flying back to Miami this afternoon. Still, we had a beautiful sunny afternoon and I took a walk. We'll make it through the week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was expecting something different with the Phantom Thread. I thought it was weird. lol! But I sort of enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope the rejiggering at work makes you life better and fun! I'm off to work in the morning to babysit - that is a chill job for me most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad for the positive review of Phantom Thread. I know I'll love it.

    ReplyDelete