Thursday, May 10, 2018

A Quiet Evening!

Hello All,


I'm happy to report that last night was Quiet!!


Fletch did talk with both the police and the Township Code Enforcer (who was called at 4 a.m. after Fletcher's initial complaint).  The contractors were/are well aware of the noise ordinance.  When the police arrived the other night they had just poured concrete and, therefore, couldn't stop their work.  Our guess is that they have/had some kind of a deadline to meet in order to achieve a bonus...and the bonus far out-weighed any fine they might be slapped with for "disturbing the peace."


I did leave work early yesterday - by 3 p.m. - but when I got home I didn't feel all that tired so I cleaned the bathrooms, threw a load of towels in the wash, did a workout, got a shower and then had time to sit on the patio with Fletch and enjoy a beverage before dinner.  We walked out to the garden and yay!!  Spinach and red leaf lettuce are both ready to pick for salads.  Soon the garlic scapes will appear and we'll trim them to use and (hopefully) the garlic bulbs will grow and grow (we have 6 different varieties of garlic this year).  Rhubarb is going crazy as are our onions.  Sugar snap peas are up and growing, but our green beans are slow to appear this year.  The tomato and pepper plants that Fletch put in after vacation are thriving and getting big.


Yesterday I did a little more knitting outside at lunch (and after dinner).  I'm on the home stretch with sock #2.  Only about 8 rows to go before the toe decreases, so I should easily be able to do that today at lunch...and maybe even some of the toe.


It's a little foggy/overcast this morning, but is supposed to hit 78 by the afternoon with a possible thunderstorm this afternoon or evening.  Colin is coming over for dinner and Fletch is grilling steaks.  I'm hoping for a walk after dinner if the rain holds off.


Nice to be on the downside of the work week and I'm looking forward to the weekend.  We have plans to go into Philadelphia with Colin and Mailing.  We have reservations for brunch at Whetstone Tavern and then plan to go to The Museum of the American Revolution - a relatively new museum in Philadelphia and one that Fletch has wanted to get to.  Colin and Mailing are planning to grill dinner (hot chicken) for us at our house that evening.


Hope today brings you all something to enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had a peaceful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use a good thunderstorm to wash all this pollen away. Everything is covered. The cars are a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a quiet night! You've got lots of good stuff planned and to look forward to - life is looking pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you enjoyed a quiet night! You sound energized and happy. Spring must really agree with you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't believe they were pouring concrete in the middle of the night. Not exactly the way to ingratiate yourself with the neighbors! Glad last night was better. I'm also happy to know that there's someone else in the world who still knits socks top down. I thought I was the last of a dying breed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that construction is not going keep you up anymore. Hooray for your garden. SO happy you will be with your son twice this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and now it's almost TGIF! your garden sounds amazing ... homegrown salad is a dream of mine (and darned hard to pull off with Georgia heat ... at least in the summer). Have a wonderful rest of your week and YAY for a finished sock (because I'm sure you have by now, right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weekend is in sight now.. enjoy it. We've had a very hectic few weeks and I need to destress. Your garden sounds like it's quite lush! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, pouring concrete at night does not make sense. I have a feeling the rush job will have to be replaced in a few years by the business. Enjoy your weekend AND hopefully the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray for a quiet evening!! I'm hoping mine is quiet and uneventful :) I hope your weekend is full of knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't grilling just the best? It always seems like so much less work to make a meal. I know it's not, but it just seems like it! I am sure you have those socks done by now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, rhubarb! Rick is totally anti-rhubarb now (what a sadness!), so I will miss it terribly. Enjoy yours doubly for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you had a great mother's day weekend!

    ReplyDelete