Thursday, March 1, 2018

Success!!

Hi All,


A little later than usual for posting by me, but I had a doctor's appointment at 8:30 this morning, so didn't get to work till later than normal and have been (trying) to catch up.


But...Success!!  Yesterday I took a longer than normal lunch break and managed to knit the Vikkel Braid on my red sock.  I LOVE it!






Doesn't it look cool?  I'll admit it was  little fiddly to work (for me) - especially using DPNs (I think it would be pretty easy on straight needles or a circular, but the DPNs kept poking me - lol).  No picture of where the sock is at this point, but I've done about 10 rows after the braid, and I think I will put another braid in and then just do plain old vanilla the rest of the way.


This is definitely a stitch I will be using again.  If any of you are interested and haven't done this, the tutorial I found most helpful is Vikkel Braid Tutorial.


OK, gotta run - busy day here at work.  Oh!  and snow is in our forecast for tomorrow possibly...and Sigla is dry!!  Maybe I'll get to wear her tomorrow.



10 comments:

  1. That braid is awesome. Two will look nice together. Glad you were able to figure it out.

    Oh SNOW! Oh no ...... I thought it was SPRING already. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your braid is wonderful and your sock is going to be gorgeous! I'm glad you gave it another try. I'm not looking forward to snow tomorrow, but it does sound like perfect weather for wearing Sigla ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I've only attempted that once, and it was with two colours and I was using silk. All I ended up with was a giant, tangled mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous braid! Good for you for sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will look at that braid tutorial. It looks really pretty on the sock. Congrats and thank you for the link

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the braid! It looks divine.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. No snow here tomorrow. WIND. 60 miles an hour wind. More than Super Storm Sandy wind. I am terrified. We'll be hiding in the basement all day as if that will help. Ugh.
    Cool braid by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done: your persistence paid off! I love the braid. Does it have stretch or is it fairly rigid?

    Snow is predicted for Saturday and Sunday in my corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely totally cool!! love that detail, it's delicate yet striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There sure is a nice look with the braid! Glad you stuck with it!

    ReplyDelete