Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Ooopppsss...There Will Be Some Frogging

Hello All,


Tuesday has come around.  Yoga was a great class last night, but I was exhausted when I got home at 9 p.m.  Thank goodness I did have time to weave in ALL the ends of Sigla (so far) before class.  That means I can cast on Sleeve #2 tonight!!


Meanwhile, yesterday I decided to work (finally) on the 2nd fingerless mitt.  I picked it up and knit the stitches on the first three needles.  On the fourth needle I noticed a dropped stitch in the row below...and then another one just below that (several rows down).  Oy vey!  How did this happen? 


 It's a pity, because I was ready to cast off the stitches at the thumb gusset...only 10 rows or so and I would be finished.  (yes, that's a hair dryer in the picture - I snapped these early this a.m.).  I brought this to work [again] and will rip out at lunch time.  I just hope I can do it in a manner that I can pick up the stitches just below the row with the dropped stitch.  Time will tell.


Meanwhile, I have some work to do.  More on-line training [what joy].  Yesterday I completed wage and hour training.  Today it is Preventing Workplace Harassment.  I'm hoping to learn a bit about how to really harass the people with whom I work....


Hope your Tuesday is a good one.

11 comments:

  1. What a bummer! Have you tried picking up a dropped stitch?? There are tutorials online for how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just YouTubed how to pick up a dropped stitch and was able to do so successfully on my latest project. But you have a couple in between knitted rows, so you have, indeed, some unravelling to do.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you really need to rip back? Couldn't you work the missed stitches back up the column --- a little crochet hook helps. I hate to see all that beautiful work have to be redone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw frogging in the title I was afraid you had found something in Sigla while you were weaving in ends. Not that frogging the mitt is much better; maybe you can put a lifeline in the row beneath the dropped stitch before you rip? Good luck and have fun with harassment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If possible use a crochet hook to work that dropped stitch up to your needle. Good lighting and patience will prevent frogging what you've knit.

    Kudos on weaving in the ends on your sweater. The finish line is near.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those dropped stitches are such a bear. BUT you found it in time. You will succeed! Finding out how to bug those at work...you are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice project even with the dropped stitches! Glad you found it now before you bound off the thumb stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate when that happens. I had to rip out a sock to the heel once when I did that. I knit on and on and on and didn't notice a thing until the sock was done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My middle school home ec teacher had a sign in her classroom: "So Shall You Sew, So Shall You Rip." It applies to knitting, too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Bonny - so glad you didn't find any dropped stitches in Sigla!

    ReplyDelete
  11. dropped stitches, gah! I found that I knitted twice in one stitch on the shawl but was able to fix it without ripping back, phew.

    ReplyDelete