Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A Snowy Unraveled Wednesday

Good Morning!


Yup, once again it has been snowing.  I thought/hoped we would have a 2 hour delay like the local schools, but no such luck.  There is not a lot of snow and it will stop soon, but it is wet and heavy.  The roads were fine coming to work and the horse farm I pass was particularly beautiful this morning - fields covered in snow, a frozen pond, a few horses out and about (all covered in blankets).  So peaceful and pretty.


Yesterday was filled with much frustration at work...hoping today will be better.  I woke up in the night thinking about work which is not good and is not like me at all.  I'm pretty drowsy this morning - a delay would have been nice.


Since Colin's socks are on hold until I measure the first against his foot, I cast on last night for another pair of fingerless mitts.  They work up so quickly, I'm hoping to knit several pairs to put away for Christmas gifts next December.  No pictures yet - only 2/3 of the way through the first cuff and I forgot to bring them with me today...hopefully more progress tonight.


On the reading front, I gave up on "The Roanoke Girls" - it was just a slog for me and was getting quite boring.  Yesterday I did manage to start "Sing, Unburied, Sing" at lunch.  Wow!  What powerful writing.  I am loving it.


The last time we got together, Dee was kind enough to bring me her copy of Clara Parke's "A Stash of One's Own" which I finished last night.  I find this type of book perfect for reading a bit when I get into bed - always fun to read about yarn and it doesn't get me all keyed up before falling asleep.  Dee asked me to pass it on when I was finished, so, who would like to read it next?  Leave a comment and if there are more than one interested, I'll do the random number thing.


Yesterday afternoon Colin texted me this picture of Talbot & Marcel with the caption "Time to Snuggle":





Looks a bit like Marcel may be trying to escape!!


The blue and white blanket is one that was knit for Colin when he was born!  I can't believe it has held up for 28+ years.  And the green and coral-like crocheted blanket is one I made when I was in college -- the only thing I have ever crocheted - and that was 45 years ago or so!


Now that I am feeling a bit old....time to run downstairs to the café and get some breakfast.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

  1. Any chance you might have an early dismissal? Our schools are closed because they're calling for 4-6" here. I hope you do have a less frustrating day than yesterday, and some knitting and snuggle time of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was teaching, I was as bad as the kids, wishing for a snow day. . . Sometimes, my wish was granted. I hope your day goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your work was less stressful! we have about six inches and it's pretty to look at. The gym is canceled and I'm sitting here on the computer...I should be knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope work is good, nice to have some pretty scenery in all the snow. Fortunately today was my day off as work a four day week, so happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That doesn't look like cat snuggling as much as it does cat struggling!

    Mighty sick of snow here in NEO. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you believe it? They closed the schools here today for this light dusting. Bad thing is that the governor took away all the snow days when he opted for a longer summer vacation-for tourist reasons-so now Easter is gone. That's two days in two weeks schools closed for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do NOT start letting work get to you - that's my thing and you don't deserve it.

    If you still have the book when I can get together with you and Dee, I'll be happy to take care of it next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about when Bridget is done with it she sends it to me? We'll make it a traveling book? Then I'll send it on to another?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talbot does seem to have a pretty good GRIP on Marcel. LOL They sure are fluffy little dudes.

    We didn't get much snow ... maybe an inch. Good day to stay in, get a few things organized and KNIT the day away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. (I like the traveling book idea!) Good for you for putting a book down when it's not working for you! Life is just too short to slog through a book when you don't have to. Just because you begin a book, it doesn't mean you have to finish it! ;-)
    Hope your work day was more settled today. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the picture of the snugglers! The book to pass on could be a very fun project for us and a good read to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea to have a traveling book! Librarian Nancy Pearl always said to give a book 50 pages... There are way too many books out there to spend time on something you don't like. Now I am going to check out Sing, Unburied Sing. Hope you stay warm and had a better day at work today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at all that floof! So cute! Rocky and Tux used to snuggle like that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found my Not Gonna Finish shelf on Goodreads to be quite powerful! of course it's a lot more fun to read a 4 or 5-star :-) And Sing, Unburied should most definitely fit that bill!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love the book but I bet it has been passed on by now. Hope work gets better, I can't stand it when I wake like that, I usually worry about my kids at 3 AM, but work creeps in there too.

    ReplyDelete