Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Unraveled Wednesday - 12/13/17

Brrrrr!  It is cold outside today.  And a wicked wind chill.  So glad I am not planning to run out at lunch time today (too busy anyway...).


Fortunately there has not been any unraveling recently.  Unfortunately that is due to the fact that there has not been much knitting.  Like everyone else, I seem to be caught up in the rush of the holidays.  Last night I spent wrapping gifts and writing cards to those who live far enough away that we won't be seeing them over the holidays.  Those packages are now in my mail room at work and will go out tonight via UPS.  One thing checked off the list!  Progress my friends, progress.


On the reading front I'm only about 40% (according to my Kindle) of the way into "The Keeper of Lost Things."  It is not, for me, a fast paced read, but I am enjoying it.  When I crawl into bed at night and pick up my Kindle, I'm only able to read a chapter or two before my eyes start to close.  I've had a couple more come through on Overdrive, so I'd best get moving on reading a bit more.


On the other hand, there is someone else who appears to be reading a bit:




I LOVE this picture!  This is Talbot - one of Colin's and Mailing's cats.  Colin was reading the other day when Talbot jumped up and onto his book...apparently Colin was paying too much attention to his book and not enough to Talbot.


And it's pretzel day at work!  Philly soft pretzels were delivered just a little bit ago.


Hope everyone is having a good week!

14 comments:

  1. Philly soft pretzels - yum!!! It's been YEARS since I had one, but oh my, I loved them! Slow progress seems to be the thing for all of us this time of year. Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great cat photo his look says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft pretzels are yummy!

    Love the photo of Talbot: it's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love Talbot! He looks so erudite and wondering: "why are you looking surprised!? " Nice chuckle on a blustery cold and sunny day. Glad I'm inside for the day! Congrats on getting cards written and packages ready for USPS!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great kitty pic! It feels so good to tick some things off the old to-do list, doesn't it? (Shipping things is one of my least favorites . . . so good for you.) XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where I babysit the one cat likes to lay over my book every time. Silly! I haven't done much knitting either with the kitten rescue and all that causes. However, I do sit and knit a bit and that is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #Talbot is amazingly gorgeous ! More more photos of him please to come!
    Checking off that list! Good girl.
    I have NO Knit time today! but its all good. i can knit tomorrow. Today was helping at the barn , then a lunch out with our barn buddies and tonight a visit to a fireman friends house. I need to get two packages mailed by Friday. Then the shipping is done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy warm fresh pretzel....!
    The cat is too superior-of course, he knows how to get attention!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable picture. Yes it's cold and windy and crappy. And snowing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talbot has quite the lion's mane! Such a handsome boy, but don't tell Tyg OR Giroux that I said that.

    Enjoy that pretzel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could use a soft pretzel right now. I haven't had one in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Talbot is so handsome! Burton has decided I'm not allowed to read either. He likes to try to knock the book out of my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Talbot is a stunner. Happy reading you two!

    ReplyDelete