Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Getting It Done!!

Hello Everyone,


Well, the speed of life at work has still not slowed down.  I intended to post yesterday, but life/work got in the way.


How was your weekend?  It started snowing hard around 1 p.m. Friday, so I left work at 2.  As it turned out, the office closed at 2:30.  We only ended up getting an inch or two, but it was enough to make traffic crazy!  I was happy to get home for the night.


Saturday I was up early baking a cake for dessert that evening.  Our friends from Maryland came up for dinner.  We had a wonderful time - lots of laughs, too much food, and some beautiful gifts.  All good.


Sunday was grocery shopping and then I (finally) started baking.  I made one double batch of toffee pecan cookies so I could bring some into work on Monday.  I had intended to make another kind, but ran out of time.  Maybe tonight....  On the other hand, I did manage to get a couple of gifts wrapped and under the tree and in stockings.  Progress!


Despite a busy day at work yesterday, I did manage to sneak out for a bit mid-day and finished up stocking stuffer shopping for Colin & Mailing.  Tomorrow is a half day (we get to leave after our Christmas luncheon which is off-site this year, and Friday is also a half day!  I want to book a pedicure appointment for Friday afternoon.  And, at this point, it doesn't look like I will be coming into work at all next week.  Woo-Hoo!!


The weather is still crazy - snow on Friday and this morning it was almost 50 when I got up!  Colin is stopping by this evening after work and we plan to have a fire in the pit!!


Now, I'd best get to it...another busy day at work.  Hoping everyone's week is going well.



13 comments:

  1. Time does fly, especially when you're that busy! Here's hoping you get some less busy time very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you might have next week off - I always enjoyed the Christmas break for recharging.

    By the end of the week, a cold front will be settling over the area. The predicted high on Thurs and Fri is 16° F. Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. I have to work on FIreman's stocking. The kids are pretty set with stuff.
    Im waiting for SNOW! Not till after the kids fly in I hope.
    I have a present to return already! Found out someone else in the family got the same thing. hee hee > im going for an imperfect Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are going well for you - and wow do those cookies sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always so hard . . . when WORK gets in the way!!! ;-) Your cookies sound delicious. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd planned to have a quiet weekend, but I ended up doing a lot of cleaning! The landlords were coming Monday for an inspection, so it seemed liked a good time to tackle it all!
    Hope you have some time to relax soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your week off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been in the 60's here! It was nice to open the house up and get some air.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great visit with your friends.
    I admire all the baking you are doing on top of working. I won't be baking until winter break begins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your workplace sounds like the all-time best. Hang on to that job for all you're worth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on the crazy-I'm so far behind....I saw me in front of me in the crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A busy and productive weekend + a visit with good friends...sounds great to me. I think your plans for the rest of the week spell: I've got it all under control! Enjoy your manicure...on my "someday/maybe" list.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope you get caught up so you can enjoy yourself!!

    ReplyDelete