Thursday, November 16, 2017

Three Things

Good Morning Everyone!
 
Thanks for your comments yesterday...I guess we all have our rants about insurance...misery loves company, etc.  Something definitely needs fixing....
 
So, today is Thursday and I'm joining Carole for a three post (check hers out for the cutest grandson pictures!!).
 
  1. Pumpkin
  2. Pecan
  3. Apple
 Those are the 3 pies I will be making for Thanksgiving.  We will be going to Colin & Mailing's for dinner, and they have requested my pies along with some cranberry chutney (Fletcher's Mom's recipe) and a vegetable (yet to be determined...need to find out what they are fixing so that I don't duplicate).  Luckily I am taking next Wednesday off and you'll be able to find me in my kitchen baking up a storm - lol.

Fletcher's brother and his wife are driving up from Virginia next Thursday...they should arrive in time to relax at our house a bit before we all go over to Colin and Mailing's for dinner.  Mailing's parents will be there as well.

Black Friday there will be no shopping!!  Fletch, Damon, Peggy and I have tickets to go to the Wharton Esherick Museum Friday at 11.  We have been to this Museum so many times - a favorite of ours.  Check out the web site if you have time.  And then that evening Colin & Mailing and some others will join us at our home for a BBQ Shrimp dinner. 

I guess I have some grocery shopping to do this weekend!
 

12 comments:

  1. Ugh. Three things I'm starting to dislike:
    1. grocery shopping
    2. grocery shopping
    3. grocery shopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin pie is by far my favorite (in any season) with rhubarb coming in a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The museum trip sounds awesome. Cant wait to see your holiday pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time with your kids ............we are going to Steve's step-brother's. This will be the first time in over 30 years of spending a holiday with a CROWD! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm ... pie! I've heard about that museum but have never been there. After looking at the website I can see that I must go someday. It all sounds like you have a wonderful Thanksgiving coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it sounds like it will all be perfect! And right now, I really really want some pie ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pie - and your three are my three favorites. Sounds like the beginning (or end ;-) of a perfect Thanksgiving meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am bringing the pies also but I'll be buying them. I have no idea where the phrase..."easy as pie" came from because making pies is hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm. PIE!!! And the three you listed? My favorites! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like Thanksgiving desserts will be devoured ! No left overs -the best part of Thanksgiving in my book. As with you, staying out of stores,etc on Black Friday tho' I think the sales are starting today! Or may have, already.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy the trip-the pumpkin is my fav pie!

    ReplyDelete