Monday, November 13, 2017

Catching Up


Hello Everyone,

 

I have missed you!!  Last week was busy starting with a 4:30 a.m. pick-up Monday morning for my flight to FL.  The meeting went well – short presentations, good food, plenty of free time and no-one getting too hammered at the open bars we had.  I did manage to have a wonderful 80 minute massage on Tuesday afternoon which I really needed.  Pure bliss.

 

Got back home Wednesday mid-day (and promptly took a 2 hour nap – lol).  Thursday and Friday were whirlwinds at work.  Busy, busy, busy.

 

But finally Saturday arrived and I met up with Dee!!  Such fun.  We met at The Lansdale Farmer's Market in the morning and wandered around.  It was freezing!!  Literally freezing.  A friend of Colin's runs the Kimberton CSA and was there with some great veggies (beets, leeks, greens).  I also bought some wild mushrooms, a jar of pumpkin spice peanut butter (SO good – in fact I brought it to work today to have on a bagel), and some kind of apple pastry which Fletch had Saturday night.  Yum.

 

After that we headed over to Backyard Beans to sit, sip, knit and chat.  What a treat for me!!  I haven’t had any local friends who knit and now I do!  I would’ve liked to stay longer and go out to lunch and knit some more, but I had to get back and do some grocery shopping.  I’m hoping we can meet up again in a couple of weeks.

 

Close to You is coming along nicely.  I’m more than two thirds finished – I think I only have 4 or 5 pattern repeats and then the bind off.  I’m excited to have this (almost) finished.



 

The yarn I'm using is from Valerie - Wandering Cat.  It is so soft and beautiful.  I don't have the tag with me right now, and of course can't remember what it is, but I do know there is alpaca in it.

Now I’ve got to get to work – this week will be another busy one for me.  Hope everyone’s week is off to a great start!

12 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Your meeting sounds great; it must have been planned by someone very good at their job! :-) Being back home sounds even better. I hope you get some sitting and knitting time before the holidays really ramp up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be our Fluffy Cat - perfect for shawls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled that you and Dee are meeting to knit together. Enjoy!

    Oooh, your shawl looks wonderful even crumbled on a cushion. Can't wait to see it when you've finished knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a world traveler, lol! The shawl is looking gorgeous, I can't wait to see the finished piece. Sounds like you and Dee had a wonderful time, I hope to join you sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Home! glad the meeting went well, and happy you have a local friend to knit with. Friends, coffee and knitting is one of my very favorite ways to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit; the shawl is looking good-love the pattern and color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shawl is so pretty. I love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does sound like you've been busy! Lucky you to have found local knitting friends. Love your shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great weekend...thanks to YOU!

    Lovely shawl. It looks cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on a good meeting, progress on your lovely shawl- color is luscious - and meeting a new knitting friend. You've had a busy, busy month and it's probably good to be home and back into your regular routine! Enjoy!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun that you met Dee!!!! wheee!!!! I see more fun visits in the future! I love the Val's yarn you are using. Joyful ,happy color

    ReplyDelete
  12. again, I'm jealous you met up with Dee, I wish I lived closer :) love the shawl and the color! I'm gaining length on mine and hope to have it done by the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete