Monday, September 18, 2017

SloMo

Good Morning All,


How was your weekend?  It felt like summer again in our neck of the woods.  Pretty warm and extremely humid.  That put me in slow motion.  I did not get a whole lot accomplished this weekend, but plugged away on several things.


I did walk Saturday afternoon, but it was sticky .  Amazingly the water looked clearer than it has in months - I could actually see to the bottom of the river (it's not all that deep, but usually looks like a muddy mess).


As of yesterday I had turned the heel and started the gusset decreases on my first Nutkin:




I really like the way this pattern looks.


Last night I just blabbed on the phone with a friend (for too long) and baked a coffee cake, so no knitting.  But slow and steady, these socks will get done.


Busy day here.  I've got some paperwork to take care of this morning related to a meeting in October in CA that I am organizing.  Then we have a lunch/employee meeting at Noon which will go on for probably close to two hours.  They are always fun (and delicious!!), but it also means cramming work into a shorter work day.  I'm not complaining though.


Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

12 comments:

  1. This humidity is quite sticky after some of that gorgeous crisp fall weather we had, but I do feel lucky that all we'be gotten from the tropics so far is some humidity and showers. Your Nutkin is beautiful and really coming along quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sock! It will be a shame to hide it under pantlegs.

    We're hot and humid here in NEO as well. Am I never, ever happy with the weather? Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutkin looks fabulous in that yarn!

    It's been chilly her,e and on Saturday it was actually snowing in the mountains. I closed all the windows on the house but resisted turning on the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is up with this humidity? I am about to lose my mind. I had to go out and buy things that measures it and put them all over the house to prove to The Mister I am not crazy. It might be cooler but it is still like the tropics outside and we need all the dehumidifiers running along with the AC in order not to have the house turn into a mold farm. Yuck...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nutkin is looking pretty fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sock looks fantastic! Today was the first cooler morning for puttering with the plants, trimming and watering without melting me in the process! Wonderful! It will still be hot this afternoon but to have the morning sweet was a gift of Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nutkin looks great. With my fair stuff done, I made some good progress on my sock last night. I should be able to finish the first one up today.

    It's hot and humid here too. I had to put the a/c back on. I went for a grocery walk yesterday and was a puddle by the time I got home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so strange here . . . we've got colorful leaves falling from the trees . . . AND we've got heat and humidity like we never had all summer! Crazy times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was on the phone so much yesterday and today. Not the usual for me. Good to hear my son's voice, but it made me miss him. Love your nutkin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sock, hope your meeting went well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been walking much due to the weather and it's not making me happy. I walked yesterday but boy it was hot....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your sock -- and the yarn! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete