Friday, August 4, 2017

TGIF 08-04-17

Hi All,


The weekend is just about here!  I am more than ready.


Last night's stuffed portabella mushrooms turned out great...sorry I forgot to get a picture...probably because I was drinking a margarita.  And no walk last night...maybe because of a margarita.  Or the weather...we heard lots of thunder and the sky turned pretty dark, but no rain.  This morning felt very refreshing though.  Not hot and no humidity to speak of (yet).


Here is the handsome Tyg.  This picture was taken a little bit ago. 






See how his lip is kind of pink?  Every summer he gets like that - part of his allergy attack.  Since he has been on prednisone (one week) that has disappeared.  His mouth looks normal!  I need to check the label on the prednisone bottle.  I'm thinking he is done the treatment now...or we can cut back on the amount we give him.  The spray gel is also helping with his itching/scratching.  His neck is almost completely healed.


What are you doing this weekend?  Once again I have no plans which works for me.  I do want to walk and I do need to clean (bathrooms and kitchen).  What I really want to do is go through my yarn and find something new to cast on.  I'm getting the urge to knit another shawl.


Wishing you all a peaceful, happy weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Aww bless the little allergic one. I cast off the shawl yesterday and Doubt I'll cast another on till MOnday . I 'll make progress on Twiddle mitts. For today, I have to get to the Barn and tackle that computer and make some progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stuffed portabellas sounded great, and I'm glad they were! My plan is to do all the laundry and clean the bathrooms today so I can knit all weekend. We'll see how that goes ... Hope you have a great weekend, and maybe a new cast-on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allergies are a nuisance. It seems like I take medication 9 months out of the year.

    Weekend plans haven't been determined yet, but I'm sure there will be knitting and some sewing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are getting the storms right now and they are supposed to sweep away all the humidity - tomorrow is supposed to be just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add... Poor Tyg! Glad the prednisone is helping. That makes me wonder if Tux had something similar... every once in a while, his bottom lip would get a little puffy. If would be back to normal in a day or two, and it never seemed to bother him.

      Delete
  5. aw, poor kitty! the highlight of my weekend is going to be a sleepover with Charlie - will be his first time visiting us since he moved back in April. Enjoy your low-key break!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silly upside-down Tyg. Glad to hear he is feeling better.

    No plans for this weekend. We had an Orlando reunion dinner last night with all of our Orlando friends. (We had gone down for doctor's appointments). It was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be my first weekend at home in weeks and weeks . . . so I'll become The Cleaning Lady. And also The Gardener. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We spend so much money on allergy medicines for the pets all summer. Both dogs get terrible hot spots from itching. The eye meds are the worst. Tiny little tubes that don't last a week for $30 a pop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad the meds did the trick! I'm off to see Lake Ontario with family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your week sound very full. No idea what that caterpillar is, kind of cute in an insecty way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, allergies! Who knew? Poor Tyg. Glad he's feeling better. The humidity moved out for us during the day today. Morning was still muggy if cooler. By late afternoon, gorgeous, no humidity. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Tyg, and his sweet face! I'm glad he is doing better.

    Our weekend has been quiet and lovely. I'll take it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saturday was gorgeous, so lots of boating and enjoying the outdoors. An early morning boat ride on Sunday, and then rain, rain, rain. None of which was forecast, OF COURSE. Sigh. Glad Tyg is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete