Sunday, November 6, 2016

Saturday and Moose

Happy Sunday!
Only two more days and the madness will be finished (hoping).  All the calls, all the signs...so tiring.
Saturday ended up being a beautiful Fall day.  Mailing (son's girlfriend) and I did go horseback riding.  We went to Haycock Stables in Perkasie and had a trail ride through Nockamixon State Park.  It was nice, but not as much fun as we were hoping for.  The horses only walked...not even a trot!  And they stayed in single file the entire time so that Mailing and I couldn't even ride together.  It was a fairly large group we were with - a bunch of 14 year old girls who were cute and pretty funny.  The annoying thing was that one of the owners kept asking me (after I had paid) if I was going to leave a tip.  Really?  About 5 times she asked me before the ride and another 4-5 times when we got back.  Oy vey.  Here is Mailing on Piper.  I am on Moose.  What a name!  And Moose was slow...I kept having to nudge (kick) him to get him to move!



Afterwards we went back to Colin & Mailing's for dinner:  Lemon Chicken Orzo soup and Crab Cakes.  They are both fabulous cooks.
Turns out both Talbot and Marcel enjoy a little whipped cream:


It was a fun day, but I was beat afterwards...and yes, a sore butt for sure.  At least I was able to get on and off the horse ok (and Moose was BIG).
Today was spent doing a ton of laundry and grocery shopping and tomorrow it is back to reality and work.


5 comments:

  1. Yuck ..... assembly line horses. That is no fun at all!

    But, at least at the end of the trail, there was a good meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! You made it, even as weird as it was-and that meal. Yowza. Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Interesting. Not the perfect ride, but hopefully it was fun anyway. And the food! Must be nice to be a good cook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very off-putting, to be nagged about a tip. I would have had to say something. Politely, but directly.

    And crabcakes! How lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love horseback riding and Nockamixon - we haven't been for a while, I think it's time to go back.

    OK I am now officially hungry ... and I love those kitkats!

    ReplyDelete