Friday, August 26, 2016

Friday Felines

Inline image 1


This is Maestro.  She was out sweet kitty before Tyg.  Years ago (10-15) we had stray/wild cats on our property.  There was a mother with two kittens (we named the kittens Cheech and Chong).  A year or so went by and Cheech was pregnant (so young!!).  Cheech had 3 kittens one Mother’s Day morning in one of our cellar window wells.  Our neighbor and I were able to rescue 2 of the 3…Maestro and Ike.  We fed them with an eye dropper, massaged their tummies so they would go to the bathroom, gave them baths and took turns keeping them at night.  They were so very, very tiny!  I have to find the picture of my son holding Maestro – she fit in the palm of his hand with room to spare.  Closed ears and eyes…so sweet.   Both cats thrived which was a miracle. 


Maestro became our cat and Ike our neighbor’s.  They were not the best of friends, but tolerated each other somewhat.  Ike is still alive and lives next door.  He and Tyg have become very good friends and have a lot of fun wrestling and tumbling around.


I still miss Maestro terribly…she was the sweetest, most loving kitty ever.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwww...I'm glad you were able to rescue them (even if I can't see the photo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see the photo either, but I love that you adopted them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rescue kitties know they hit the jackpot. :-)

    ReplyDelete